Freespire?Lindows and Dynebolic, WTF?

OS / Drivers / BIOS
jaybird

Freespire?Lindows and Dynebolic, WTF?

Post by jaybird »

Ok, I'm just trying to get your attention, I normally don't "swear" ;) .

I have been looking for two things;

One, a way to extend the usefulness of older equipment and a way to "stick-it to MicroSoft" and I think I have found it, at least in part.

For those of use that cannot afford "up-grades" and higher end equipment but still have to pay the "cost of doing business", Freespire looks to be a viable alternative, whats great about it is that you can "kick the tires" using a virtual system with their "LiveCD" and not effect your other installations or OS'S!

The other and, to me, attractive system is:

"Dynebolic", an other Linux "Distro" live CD!

For those of us that are into multi-media production this is "the tip of the ice-burg" senerio.

It ain't quite there yet but when I booted up on the "live-cd" , your not going to believe this but, EVERYTHING WORKED!"

Both cd/dvd drives, scanner, surround sound, Cinelerra, Kino, etc.,. you name it, it WORKED!

How ever, I could not set dual monitors and/or resolutions for my monitors.

This "distro" is fabulous for multi-media personel, and it's free!

Here's the kicker, the entire system will run from the cd and I will guarentee that you will notice little or no lag from running it from the cd or the hard drive, stop and think about that for a moment!

I am presently running: Win2K Pro, dual-boot with Freespire , AND DYNEBOLIC (docked) from the cd and it does not effect anything else that I do.

Can't explain better, you must go look at it!

Regards,

Jay F.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I'm definitely going to try Dynebolic.

:arrow: http://www.dynebolic.org
-Derek
jaybird

elive linux

Post by jaybird »

If you like Dynebolic then you'll love elive, fantastic eye-candy!

Not to mention enough multi-media stuff to keep you busy for a LONG, LONG time!

Regards,

jaybird