Johnny 5 at warp 7!

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
jaybird

Johnny 5 at warp 7!

Post by jaybird »

Just completed my latest up grade to my V0.41 board, replacing the old GlobalWIN FEP-32's with modified Spire Whisper V coolers.

I found the coolers at Newegg for $4.99 + SH & HDLG (these have quiet low speed 27 cfm fans), found 5 Delta 80mm 47 cfm fans for $10 + SH & HDLG on eBay and swapped everything out last night.

I am writing this using my lapped 366's @ 594 mhz :D !

CPU temps have dropped more than 5 deg. F (as seen by MBM 5.0), case temps have gone up over 10 deg. F indicating to me that the modified Spire's are doing their job, now I just need to install the 3 othere Delta's as case fans and get the heat out of the case!

Have been able to go into Windowz @ 605 and run CPU BURN-IN for 15min before lock-up.

Humm, maybe some Pelt's under the Spires :wink: ? (just saw some pelts on eBay that come with a automatic temp controller to help avoid condensation)

Have taken pic's of before and after, did require r&r of mobo but the installation was very easy and the Spire clips were much easier to use than the GlobalWIN clips.

OBTW, just located another 1100E!

We ain't dead yet!

Regards,

jaybird
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

u da man!!!

BTW, what measures are you taking to protect the BX? You know that when running over 100fsb on dual CPUs a BX440 can cook red meat as well as any charcoal pit.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Yeah man!

To answer your question(s):

I have intalled a "mini-peltier" on the BX chip set w/386 fan.

Whisper V with Delta 80mm fans (big mistake noise wise!)

I now have a "747" on my desk-top!

OBTW, please see my pics, this website, "your picture gallery, jaybird".