A/C for computer cooling?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
chemicall

A/C for computer cooling?

Post by chemicall »

well i got smaller sized Air conditioner and a bigger sized computer case, will the a/c creat most on the air output and make components wet? or what might happen has anyone tried or attempted somethin like this? help me out folks, thanks.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I've never attempted this, but i would presume that an A/c COULD make the components wet, however an air conditioner doesn't emit wet air, it just gets wet itself. therefore, if you put the conditioner outside of the case and make a duct system then i don;t see why that wouldn't work.

Just an idea, i've never tried it myself.
The collector of the old and unwanted.
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

yeah theres 2 rads in the air conditoner i was thinking about mounting a rad on either side of the case with drain pans underneath them and then installing the compressor and such inside the tower, ill let everyone know what im gonna do.
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

the compressor is the heat exchanger moisture sucking bit, it goes outside.....

the cold air output would be dehumidified and dry and cold, and non-moisture producing.
it might get to be moisture promoting due to the coldness and condensation, if you turn it up too far.
bp6's 3 x dual @ 533
. . . . 1 x dual @ 466
. . . . 1 sngl @ 400
[( 2 x dual xeon 2.4ghz )]
[( 2 x dual xeon 2.66ghz )]
[( 1 x 2.4C ghz )]
[( 1 x 2.4B ghz )]
[( 1 x dual AMD 1800MP )]
[( 1 x P4 1600 )]
[( 1 x 500 ppga )]
3 x piii 866
KliK

Post by KliK »

why don't you get the WATERBLOCKS for S370, and connect compressor directly to the CPUs?! that would work, and it will keep the CPU temp down...but how will you regulate the compressor, that is another question?! maybe with some temp regulator?!
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

its for a slot 1 system but the insides on that air conditioner are a fair size, it's only a 5000 btu but it's older so it's a little big i think i need to find something newer first, but ill post back.
KliK

Post by KliK »

chemicall wrote:its for a slot 1 system but the insides on that air conditioner are a fair size, it's only a 5000 btu but it's older so it's a little big i think i need to find something newer first, but ill post back.

so?! put it outside your case...and the hoses from the compressor (with coolant) attach to the waterblock cooler on CPU...i know that it can cool down the CPU down to 4°C, or even more...just check the parameter for CPU working temps on Intel page... :D :D :D :D
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

i bet if i did that and had it runnin at like 4 degrees celcius i'd be able to get 1000mhz outta this baby, lol
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

i bet if i did that and had it runnin at like 4 degrees celcius i'd be able to get 1000mhz outta this baby, lol, but i'm gonna need a water block, any ideas on that anyone?