Damn...stable system got unstable...

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
iSDn

Damn...stable system got unstable...

Post by iSDn »

Hi!

A few weeks ago, i killed my old BP6 board accidently, so i bought a used one at e-bay. Many of the capacitators on the new used board were leaking so i exchanged them with the ones from the old board. But since then i am not able to get my Dual P3's running with 100MHz FSB. If i try i get random reboots. Mostly after a few minutes, but sometimes it's running for a couple of hours.....with 66MHz FSB it runs a few days until it reboots. Could it be that some capacitators may be broken ??? Should i exchange them all with new one's ??

Bye...iSDn!
Derek
Site Admin

Re: Damn...stable system got unstable...

Post by Derek »

iSDn wrote:Hi!

A few weeks ago, i killed my old BP6 board accidently, so i bought a used one at e-bay. Many of the capacitators on the new used board were leaking so i exchanged them with the ones from the old board. But since then i am not able to get my Dual P3's running with 100MHz FSB. If i try i get random reboots. Mostly after a few minutes, but sometimes it's running for a couple of hours.....with 66MHz FSB it runs a few days until it reboots. Could it be that some capacitators may be broken ??? Should i exchange them all with new one's ??

Bye...iSDn!
You need to install the replacement caps... Which capacitors did you have one your old board? Were they the originals?
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

if you are going to replace componenets, i would never (and this is from experience from working on audio equipment) use "old" parts, they are unreliable and you can never tell how long they'll last, save yourself time and headaches, replace them with fresh ones
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

I hope i'll find a cheap shop for the capacitors...
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

I think the price for replacing all capacitors on a BP6 was $55. A guy on the Internet has been doing this on many mainboards for some time, now. Price does not include shipping.

Here's his WEB site:

http://home.att.net/~garyheadlee/index.html
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...