HELP with some Q's Fans and MB's

InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: HELP with some Q's Fans and MB's

Post by InactiveX »

66-ac wrote:Hi all I am curious where is everybody getting the chipset fans and how much? I just saw a blue orb one that was pretty Cool But any will do. I have a set of golden Orb's on my cpu's now so I thought the other might be a nice match.
Hello there 66-ac, and welcome!

I used to have a blue orb on the northbridge chip but it fell off. I then lapped it to a smooth finish, after discovering that the surface was anything but flat. It was then attached to my video card chipset. Be aware that the push-pin holes on the blue orb do not line up with the holes on the BP6.

I now use a GlobalWin LAC08 cooler on the northbridge. It is a much better finish and the pushpin holes line up. I don't know if you can still get them though.
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

You could always drill and tap an p3 heatsink and use screws from the bottom.

I am keeping one of my prginal p4 heatsinks to put on my next p4 boards chipset. Altho all of the boards I have been looking at have big heatsinks and fans on the chipset now. I think the abit board I am looking at use ducting nd a fan around the power parts of the motherboard as well. I don't think they intend any overclocking there :roll: :twisted: