SBLive Platinum (Original) won't load from CD in WIN2K

jaybird

SBLive Platinum (Original) won't load from CD in WIN2K

Post by jaybird »

I have been using a SBLive Platinum on my BP6 for several years now with no problems (98SE/NT4.0 dual-boot). However, I just upgraded to Win 2000 Pro (98SE/WIN2K Pro dual-boot) and I cannot load ANYTHING from my Creative CD's. I get as far as the first splash screen, tell it to load SBLive (thats all that comes up on the menue other than Acrobat Reader) and it won't go.

I went to the Creative website, downloaded the 23.3 meg drivers-(ENG).exe upgrade to 2000 file, installed it and it doesn't work(looks like an Audigy install, not the Platinum original that I have).

After I upgraded the drivers I attempted to load the "Recorder" upgrade application and it said it couldn't find an existing application?

What do I do from here?

Regards,

jaybird
johnli

Post by johnli »

Personally I'd say get another soundcard - I haven't bought or reccomended creative to anyone for 6 years, ever since trying to get it to work under 2k with my bp6. I don't think I ever got the whole thing working properly...
Regards,
John
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

When I was using Win2K, I used the standard drivers that come with the OS. I found Creative's own drivers to be unreliable, and the software they supplied was a waste of time.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Yeah, I was using the drivers from MS also. I couldn't get Creative's drivers to work very well.
-Derek
jaybird

SBLive and WIN2K

Post by jaybird »

I just got a "driver and application update" CD from Creative and EVERYTHING is now working fine in WIN2K.

Cost me $2.95 for shipping and handling, took a week to get.

Regards,

jaybird
Derek
Site Admin

Re: SBLive and WIN2K

Post by Derek »

jaybird wrote:I just got a "driver and application update" CD from Creative and EVERYTHING is now working fine in WIN2K.

Cost me $2.95 for shipping and handling, took a week to get.

Regards,

jaybird
I'm going to have to look into that. You have no more problems with sound? Aren't these drivers downloadable?
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

Hi!

You can get the latest drivers for SB Live, Audigy & Audigy2 here.