Excellent memory results in Sandra

loophole

Excellent memory results in Sandra

Post by loophole »

After tweaking my 2 x 486 (108 x 4.5) setup using WPCredit and running the memory benchmark in SiSoft Sandra 2001te Professional I got the memory results shown below.

Admittedly it's nothing to brag about when compared to DDR systems, but it runs rings around my dad's Via 694T memory results when his RAM is running at 133 (although CAS 3), and I'm pretty sure it's a great result for the BP6 so I thought I'd post and tell everybody about it. :D

I haven't finished testing the stability of the system at 495 to see what the memory results are like there, but I'll do that soon. So far just he WCPUID pic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Taking everything you said into consideration; I have to agree! That's a performing system!

Good stuff.

What type of cooling setup are you running in that box?
-Derek
loophole

Post by loophole »

Thanks Derek.

I've got a huge full tower case with a 300W PSU that has places for three fans (two on back & one on front), but they just had circular patterns of drilled out holes where the fans were, and I read that this blocked about 40% of the airflow from the fan, so I cut them out leaving big round holes in the case.

I have two fairly large no-name HSFs that used to have tiny 1.2W fans on them but I took them off and put some huge Panaflo fans on there that draw about 2.4W that came out of a rackmount server. These fans suck air through the heatsinks and up into a duct that leads to one of the exhaust fans just above the CPUs on the back of the case so that the hot air is dumped straight outside and doesn't get anywhere near the other components in the system. Seems to work pretty well - temps are low.

I also have a fan on the greenie and some heatsink compound under it.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

loophole wrote:Thanks Derek.

I've got a huge full tower case with a 300W PSU that has places for three fans (two on back & one on front), but they just had circular patterns of drilled out holes where the fans were, and I read that this blocked about 40% of the airflow from the fan, so I cut them out leaving big round holes in the case.

I have two fairly large no-name HSFs that used to have tiny 1.2W fans on them but I took them off and put some huge Panaflo fans on there that draw about 2.4W that came out of a rackmount server. These fans suck air through the heatsinks and up into a duct that leads to one of the exhaust fans just above the CPUs on the back of the case so that the hot air is dumped straight outside and doesn't get anywhere near the other components in the system. Seems to work pretty well - temps are low.

I also have a fan on the greenie and some heatsink compound under it.
I also cut out the grates in front of the fan spot to get better airflow, but I also cut out spaces on the side of my case for three fans that feed fresh air to the greenie, processors, and video card.

Is this the most stable overclockable speed you've gotten it to, or do you think you can go higher with better heat sinks and stuff?

Edit: Could you post a pic of the Motherboard Monitor dashboard so we can see your temps? Would be nice :)
loophole

Post by loophole »

I can POST at 558, but it hangs after showing the speed. Then, I have to turn it off and on again to get it to boot up again, but after this, is POSTs at 558 again and will hang again if I don't go into the BIOS and turn down the speed. This was using a voltage of 2.3V.
loophole

Post by loophole »

Here's a post of MBM's lows and highs after running for SETI for ages with 3DMark and stuff like that going on as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.