How to choose an edition of Windows Vista

Moderator: News Team

Derek
Site Admin

How to choose an edition of Windows Vista

Post by Derek »

VIA Arena has created a chart and article that explains the differences between different versions of Windows Vista in order to help you choose the version to best suit your needs.

:arrow: Article
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Does anyone know if SMP will be disabled in any of the versions of Vista?
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
PDR60

Post by PDR60 »

You know, after reading all the differences and looking at what I would get, I think I'll stick with XP Pro for the wifes system. I, on the other hand have seen no reason to convert back to anything MS for myself. I've been using linux only for about three years now and since I switched to Kubuntu I just couldn't be happier. I have a new Dell E1705 and it runs 6.1 just great. I play my games and I just don't see too much need for MS. Now that XP is mature and finally running well I won't be switching to Vista for the wifes machine.

The thing is, I think there is a ton of folks out there like me. I don't have any Directx 10 games as none have been released yet. It will be some time before I will have to have that kind of support. Besides all the good work that Transgaming has done will no doubt continue and I would imagine I'll be covered on that too. So why bother with mega bucks to have MS......

Just some ramblings from a loyal subscriber.....

PDR60
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

If your into pro audio work, there are really only two OS options: Windows and MacOS.

This has got me really excited: http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/arc ... 71346.aspx

Probably going to have to dig deep and get some new hardware to run it all on. I should stress, though, that they'll have to pry my BP6 from my cold dead hands before we part!
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Vista looks promising, but like many others I won't be making the switch for a long time. Unless, of course, I buy a new PC that comes with it. Windows XP suits all my needs at present.

I still think it's strange that they offer so many different versions of it. At least it's not the 17+ from a year ago!
The collector of the old and unwanted.