Everybody I got my 2nd Celeron 500

InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: Everybody I got my 2nd Celeron 500

Post by InactiveX »

DP wrote:The game performance however seems slightly less and a bit more laggy as with one cpu.
This is somewhat normal. On apps which aren't coded for multi-threading, such as games, the extra overhead required to get the two CPUs to co-operate causes slower performance. You can boot up with only one CPU seen by adding the switch /onecpu to the end of the line which tells the computer where to find Windows in the file boot.ini.
DP wrote:B.t.w. could there be much difference between the processors in overclockability? I did not want to take out the 1st cpu out to compare serials etc. to see if they are from different batches.
Probably not much point. Just see how far you can push those babies.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Is the CD-Burner on the HPT366?
-Derek
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

What is the speed of the Burner?
-Derek
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

If it was a HPT error, I would suggest moving the HD to the ATA33 or buy another (better) controller card.
-Derek
g0fvt

Post by g0fvt »

I hope you find some benefit from having the second cpu, at least it amazes your friends... I know I will be contradicted but I think you are pushing your luck running at 600 with just 1.9v . My 466s at 80Mhz (560) would definitely keel over quickly at that low a voltage, try maybe 2.1v but keep an eye on temperatures. Good Luck!
Derek
Site Admin

Re: Everybody I got my 2nd Celeron 500

Post by Derek »

InactiveX wrote:
DP wrote:The game performance however seems slightly less and a bit more laggy as with one cpu.
This is somewhat normal. On apps which aren't coded for multi-threading, such as games, the extra overhead required to get the two CPUs to co-operate causes slower performance.
We must petition for all games to be multi-cpu ready!! :D

To solve some lag issues: Load the game, go back to the desktop, CTRL + ATL + DEL, go to the processes tab, select the game's process and set it to use one CPU only.
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

my 500's would only goto 600 @ 2.1V

right now @563 they are at 1.95 if i goto 1.9 they croak and die

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit