Maintenance

Derek
Site Admin

Maintenance

Post by Derek »

While I’m working on the board some things may change. If, let’s say, somewhere on the message board text becomes larger than your monitor: contact me ;)

Derek@BP6.Com

Thanks,

Derek

P.S. 4001 posts on our new message board! Whoohoo (+50,000 posts from our old one).
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

derek

everytime i click the index link at the top of the page, it resets all the posts to viewed...

i like to leave my browser up and logged in so i can jump on, click that link and off i go

but it resets everything i havent looked at yet

Kuun
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

kuun wrote:derek

everytime i click the index link at the top of the page, it resets all the posts to viewed...

i like to leave my browser up and logged in so i can jump on, click that link and off i go

but it resets everything i havent looked at yet

Kuun
Thanks for the heads-up, it should be fixed soon. In the meantime try clearing your cookie cache.
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

no prob

i have no cookies atm (or at least none excpet for the ones i've accumulated over the last 36 hours) (just reinstalled opera)

Kuun
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

hey derek

an idea jsut came to mind

i've noticed we have 602 users, yet we only have about 20-30max active users

i tihnk you should set it up to where if someone hasn't logged in for a set period of time an email is sent to them warning them that if they dont login their account will be deleted (this would cut the useless accounts that were created so someone could post once or twice and then never used again, and also in turn could bring old users BACK to the board more often(by reminding them it's still here))

jsut an idea Kuun
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

kuun wrote:hey derek

an idea jsut came to mind

i've noticed we have 602 users, yet we only have about 20-30max active users

i tihnk you should set it up to where if someone hasn't logged in for a set period of time an email is sent to them warning them that if they dont login their account will be deleted (this would cut the useless accounts that were created so someone could post once or twice and then never used again, and also in turn could bring old users BACK to the board more often(by reminding them it's still here))

jsut an idea Kuun
We'll set something like that up later once the site is a bit larger again. Right now I need to concentrate on getting new stuff up. Great idea though.
Wolfram

Headlines can be cut off

Post by Wolfram »

One _little_ issue I noticed: When you post a new topic, you can easily type a headline that is longer than allowed, so the rest is cut off.

Keep up the great work, I really like this board :D

Best regards,

Wolfram
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW