25%
Apple Forum
No votes

Total votes: 8

Derek
Site Admin

Message Board Forums

Post by Derek »

Should there be more off-topic chat? I’m talking about additions like a “Cars” section – Is that too off the beaten path?

Just for the sake of the poll, I personally wouldn’t mind as long as the people here are into that stuff.

Post your thoughts and suggestions for adding other Forums (post Forum Topic suggestions too!)
Last edited by Derek on Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24seven
IRC Lurker

Off topic stuf

Post by 24seven »

I think that there should be an off topic area, but I would say yes to both of the options in the poll and also other things like hobbies...biking sailing etc...

You could always just make a forum for all off topic things and just let people post any thing in there that do not fint any where else.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

That’s true, but it may get too messy.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I added it to the suggestion list.
Slagathor

Post by Slagathor »

I think cars would be an excellent idea, I hope I am not the olny one here who is a car guy...... :D
DFI 790FX-M2R
AMD Phenom 9850BE
2x2gb Mushkin Redline@1066 5-5-5-16
2x 250GB WD 16mb SATA Raid 0
eVGA 8800GTS SC
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I guess I'll go ahead and add a few forums to the board within the next day or two.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Anyone up for an "Apple" forum? They do the dual thing too! :D
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I was worried that would be the best response from most people, so I asked first :)

Anymore comments?
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

DD, just got hold of an ECS(Elite)ECS D6VAA Dual P3 motherboard. It seems pretty cool and has had some good reviews, its basically a clone of a VP6. I know you were thinking of supporting other dual stuff on this forum and as this motherboard doesn't seem to have a dedicated user group it might be a good place to start.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Well... I Dunno... I wasn't really thinking about making a forum for each board... It would be cool though!

You just gave me an idea. :D
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

DD, it would be nice to be loyal to Abit but they have been less than forth coming with dual boards since the VP6!
I know you aren’t trying to be a “2cpu.com” but I believe the whole essence of the BP6 and BP6.com is based around “more bang for you bucks”.
Dual P3 boards from a year ago now fall into this category.
The ECS D6VAA, Gigabyte GA-6VXDC7, Asus CUV4X-D etc, are now going pretty cheap on Ebay.

Over the last 3 years I’ve enjoyed this site and found it to be a great help. I just don’t want it to stagnate.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis wrote:DD, it would be nice to be loyal to Abit but they have been less than forth coming with dual boards since the VP6!
True, true…
onelegdis wrote:I know you aren’t trying to be a "2cpu.com"
You’re damn right: We’re going to be better! Especially with a loyal community like this!
onelegdis wrote:I believe the whole essence of the BP6 and BP6.com is based around “more bang for you bucks”.
Bingo.
onelegdis wrote:Over the last 3 years I’ve enjoyed this site and found it to be a great help. I just don’t want it to stagnate.
If people like you stop (or stopped) contributing, the site would have been dead long ago!

Okay, with the new site and network there will be a lot of changes (for the better). We’ll accommodate other boards too…
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

onelegdis: Notice the new message board description (top right) ;)