Just bought a 69 AMC AMX

chemicall

Just bought a 69 AMC AMX

Post by chemicall »

well, it's a 2 seater with bucket seats..mmm...10 second car..throws you back in your seat and hard :D

396 CI engine, Dana 315 posi track, polished valve covers, electronic ignition, .030 over forged flat-top pistons, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Holley 800 cfm 4Bbl. Carburetor , Crane roller rocker arms, dual performance exhaust, puts about 400hp to the wheels :D

got lots of extra parts with it and stuff...runs fine needs a new paint job but body is great...it's gold right now, paid $1400 canadian, good deal :D

what you all think?
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

pictures :P
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: Just bought a 69 AMC AMX

Post by hyperspace »

chemicall wrote:well, it's a 2 seater with bucket seats..mmm...10 second car..throws you back in your seat and hard :D

396 CI engine, Dana 315 posi track, polished valve covers, electronic ignition, .030 over forged flat-top pistons, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Holley 800 cfm 4Bbl. Carburetor , Crane roller rocker arms, dual performance exhaust, puts about 400hp to the wheels :D

got lots of extra parts with it and stuff...runs fine needs a new paint job but body is great...it's gold right now, paid $1400 canadian, good deal :D

what you all think?
Late '60's, early '70's Muscle cars! They are the original breed for Power! Some GearHeads even used NOS!

Nothing better than a modified V8 engine...

Thinks back to his '72 Metallic Silver Nova, 350 with headers. Corvette Borgwarner T10 4-speed shifter. BF Goodrich G60 T/As with 14' Cragers. 411 PosiTrac and a Craig two-speaker stereo system. 8) It was the BOMB! :peace:

Yeah. That's me (no not the four-legged one!).
Last edited by hyperspace on Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

sorry i meant red(had gold on the mind lol), and 390 CI engine, i will be posting pics in a minute...oh yeah its got a 3 speed automatic borgwarner tranny...
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

'66 Plymouth Fury III. 383CID. 3 speed automatic. Retired police interceptor.
Smoked the tires a block and a half.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

Well, I got pics...there in my album... heres the link, let me know what you all think :roll: http://www.bp6.com/board/album_personal.php?user_id=629 theres's 2 pages of pictures of the car....
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Nice pics!! It looks like you're putting a lot of sweat and blood into that car.

Good job!
-Derek
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

yeah i am, and thats not even the beginning,..lol
headseed

Post by headseed »

Just a suggestion: invest $50 in a few 4' flourescent shoplights, the more the better. More efficient than those incandescent bulbs, and easier to work. You will be able to work longer without getting as tired. Trust me. I put 12 4' double tube lights in my basement, and its literally like night and day (replaced 5 60-75 watt bulbs). Less shadows, doesn't seem so dreary, etc.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

thanks for the suggestion...but i got a 500 watt work light (white light) that i use and once its warmer ill be working on it out in the drive way...so all is good...
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

oh and there has been some deisgn changes......the original 290 CI motor is staying in it because there was only 299 of this car made with the 290 ci and 3 speed borgwarner tranny in 1969, but im gonna supe the hell out of it...it'll be just as good as the 390....im not worried ill still be able to smoke a set of tires off, just rare damnit, lol, anyway, ill have some pics of under the hood later...
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

added pictures to my gallery of the hooker headers I have for it....
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Added pic to thread... :smokin:
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

woooo old school carburetion!
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is