GeForce 2 Ti running in PCI mode

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
Silic0nJ3sus

GeForce 2 Ti running in PCI mode

Post by Silic0nJ3sus »

I have a dual 533 with a BP6 of course, and I am using a GeForce 2 Ti video card. It seems that the card is running in PCI mode even though it's an agp card. I haven't been able to find out how to switch it over to pci...someone told me to get the miniport drivers, but I don't think they make them for the 440 chipset. Does anyone know how I can get this to run in AGP mode
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

If it is in a AGP slot, the drivers you load will work with the operating system through the AGP subsystem. I'm not sure what you mean by:
It seems that the card is running in PCI mode even though it's an agp card.
:?:
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Silic0nJ3sus

Post by Silic0nJ3sus »

"Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0"

that's what I mean
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

If this information was found under the General tab of the Device Manager, then you are seeing the correct information for your AGP graphics card. My AGP card says the same thing.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
tygrys

Post by tygrys »

hi, i have same card (gf2ti ddr) and same problem
about pci/agp i`ve been testing it on 3dmark
in software mode everything works ok (but slow) so cpu/ram stability is not an issue, (for this test i have set pci mode on gf2ti properities tab- tweak), but in hardware mode ... there is no diff betwean pci and agp x1 mode, when i set agpx2 im gettin f** textures bizzre colours and other of this, about 30 secs l8er computer hangs...
im just reading trough this forum & newsgroups, and decided to swith ps (im using noname 300w ps)
anyway, card is 100% good, other half too ;D
problems are ps ^ intel bridge
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Silic0nJ3sus, tygrys,

what do you mean by "PCI mode"? Like hyperspace pointed out, Windows calls the AGP interface "PCI bus 1" while the "normal" PCI bus is "PCI bus 0".

AGP cards can run in AGP 1x or 2x modes on the BP6. If AGP 2x doesn´t work, use AGP 1x, there´s no speed difference anyway.

IF AGP transfers are disabled (check via "dxdiag"), you won´t be able to run any 3D-application (game, benchmark). Is it that what you call "PCI mode"?

Regards,

Wolfram
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
tygrys

Post by tygrys »

no wolfram
i meant that setting (in nv advanced agp blabla bla tab) agp mode pci>agpx1>agpx2 makes no difference, more than that,
i mean by slowing my gf2ti to gpu/mem clocks to 150/150(300) and below makes difference in 3dmark performance....
agpx2 its different story, i switched psu (no name psu to other no name psu :) and messed texels are still there, but sisandra and mbm monitor says my 3.3 is rock stable (+-0,02V), tried gf mx 200 32mb sdr -> same s**it happends, and just noticed, on agpx1 on longer (much longer) time (screen blanker ;D) there are messed texels/textures again....
well i have kinda sad feelings but my bp6... im thinking bout testing stuff on other bp6
thanks for reply anyway