eVGA Geforce4

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
hyperspace
Board Admin

eVGA Geforce4

Post by hyperspace »

Got a new nVidia graghics card, yesterday.

eVGA e-Geforce4 MX 440 SE 64MB SDR AGP4X TV-OUT

Works great with UT2003! $59.95 (US)! This is on my system that is overclocked to 110Mhz FSB. No crashes during UT2003. We'll see how stable the system is. :?

Not sure what I am going to do with TV-OUT.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
kylewo0

Post by kylewo0 »

What type of settings are you rnning in ut2003? Do you know what ur avg. FPS is? Im just wondering because I also have a similar setup.
thanks
Hey, Don't Be Talking About My Motherboard -ADULT SWIM
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

I loaded UT2K3 and started to play it. So, the setting were all standard default. Play was fairly smooth. Later, I increased many of the graphics settings to higher/highest details and such. Doing so, the game became very sluggish in the outdoors/forest levels. I haven't checked AVG FPS.

The BP6 is not the best gaming system for the latest games. The more recent graphics cards require some serious horsepower from the mainboard.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

That video card is still to slow for high detail settings, but a good match for an average BP6, I think.

If you want to "benchmark" it: Try to set everything back to normal, Res. 800x600 or 1024x768, no AA or AF, turn physics and shadows down (reduces cpu load).

Start a DM with average bots in Antalus, go to the console, type "stat fps" and go for some action.

There is also a "benchmark.exe" in the system directory, which performs a set of four standard benchmarks. But that set unfortunately always uses very high details settings, which you wouldn´t use with that card anyway.
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW