HPT366 sucks ...

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
the_yeti

HPT366 sucks ...

Post by the_yeti »

Hi,

I just read all the post about this Controleur, and I finaly understand why I burned 4 HDD in 3 years ... I ran All my HDD on the HPT Controleur (in fact 4 HDD) and All get down ...

Just one more question, what kind of Promise controleur could I buy, just a standard one ... or some specials ...

Seeya
;o)
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

:-(

That's the value of this messageboard. 4 HDDs? Ouch!

I've used a Promise Ultra66 (hacked into a fasttrack) and an Ultra100 TX2 in my BP6 - the latter is currently being used. Any Promise card should be fine.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Inactive, don't you think it would be a good idea for him to buy an ATA133 card instead of sticking with ATA66?
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Oh yeah, definitely. I was just stating what cards I have used myself with success.
the_yeti

Post by the_yeti »

Hy,

thx for the advice .. I just bouth an Promise Ultra ATA 133, and it solves all my problems, really nice and fast card 8)

My bp6 is running since 6 days now without any reboot, and my 4HDD + 2CD-ROM, are all OK .... finaly I find why my computer freezee when I access the HDD for decompression or hard stuff like that ... it was the HPT366 controleur whitch gives up !!!!

Thx for all, will keep my BP6 for a while :lol:
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Xcellent! Thank you for the feedback!

Another Happy BP6er in the mix!
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...