Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

You need to flash your BIOS with this image:

http://files.bp6.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=10
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Unfortunately, there is no way to completely disable the HPT3666 controller. It will always eat IRQs.

I suppose the next step would be to ask Promise if they have any more ideas.

Hang on a minute, what PCI slot is the Promise in? Have you tried moving it?
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

when I put in my scsi raid controller with my promise card the promise card came up np, but the scsi card wouldnt show the bios, any suggestions?
only when I take out the promise card the scsi bios shows up
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

gabumon, Look in the advanced settings for the SCSI card BIOS setup, or in windows DevMgr to see if there is an I/O address conflict, or other conflict. These settings may be altereable on the SCSI card to resolve conflict. I don't think the ATA card allows changes.
I assume you have done the shuffling of cards between the PCI slots, this often shifts the assignment of resources to a combo that works. Good luck.
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Could the onboard hpt366 chip thats intergrated be *removed* to permanently "disable" that portion of the board?
or would that cause bad problems to the bp6?
The idea came to me when I accidentally ripped the heatsink+ cor eof an old banshee video card, I used blow off and trie dto make the epoxy brittle,...... seemed the epoxy had been gooped on and has no effect, came quite easy off along with the chipset........
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

If a sharp chisel had been lying nearby, I can't tell you how many times I would have tried to pry that HPT366 chip right off the BP6 board myself!
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: ripping out hpt366

Post by hyperspace »

hackerslovenoodles wrote:Im trying to get a bp6 to run with a dead cheap ultra160 card that isnt bootable, and having no luck whatsoever, the card wont appear in /proc/pci but does on another box. tried everything- flashing, takign 1 cpu out, cmos clearing, taking out cards, etc etc. All I can think of is that the HPT bios is buggering it all up.. couldnt we just find the spec on the contoller chip, find the power lines, and, erm, remove them?

Or am i being simplistic?

Thanks, Alan.
Which PCI slot(s) have you tried?
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
the_yeti

Post by the_yeti »

Just one more question,

I just buy a Promise ultra 133, I modded the bios without the HPT366 bios, but when i start windows it allways asked me to configure the "mass storage controleurs" .. in fact the "new hardware find" screen appears on eatch start UP .... this stuff starts to bring me nervous :oops:

If someone have an idee ...

SeeYa
;o)
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

You could load the HPT366 drivers for those "mass-storage device controller" messages. It shouldn't cause any problems.
Last edited by hyperspace on Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Hehehehehe........

After a nice install, and service packs and more. I finally gave the mass storage device its drivers, then win2k wouldnt, couldnt refused to let anyone logon, even the local admin! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Just would seem like logging in, then go back to the control alt del screen and it even did that in safe mode!

:cry: Becareful
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Looks like I was wrong. Sorry about that. Have you tried just disabling the mass-storage devices in Device Manager?
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

This was weeks ago hyperspace.....
Hey look my new bp6 board has a 1500uf cap in the EC10!

My old one has the 100uf cap there. trying out the new board.
I think it was rev 1.1