Promise fasttrak100 yay

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Promise fasttrak100 yay

Post by Blueneko »

Since Im the first to corupt this new topic added section, ill just say a few words which are probably useless and break the ground. I have a Promise fasttrak100 Raid controller. Works great in my BP6, or any other computer I add it into. Ive also have had luck with converting a ata66 Promise controller into a Fasttrak66 raid controller from the help of www.bp6.com and especially InactiveX himself who gave me the nutty modification to do! Thanks again InactiveX
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Sorry bro, had to move the topic ;) The original location is for files only.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

gabumon,

What's the perceived level of performance boost running the ATA100 raid setup on your BP6? Since the drives are getting so cheap, it seems like a good way to squeeze a little more out of a BP6 rig.
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

I havent used the ata100 card Just yet, but I will test it for you, (But the drives are only ata66, so I really wont see any super boost.
But I will see a boost with my four 18 gig 80mb sec drives for my new raid configuration in it rather than five 9 gig older slower 40mb sec drives

Still wiating for the drives Should be in today, monday (If the drives come) Ill reconfigure! ok going home CHEC HAS COME