TIVO on my BP6

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

TIVO on my BP6

Post by RRLedford »

Anyone ever run an Nvidia Personal Cinema card on the BP6?
It's basically a 64MB Geforce 2 with a chip that lets it link up with an external TV tuner box. The software bundle lets you record from cable or camcorder direct to the Hdisk.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Well, no sooner did I install my GF2 Personal Cinema & suffer thru all the driver download blues to get it working OK, then Nvidia starts to ship the new GF4 Ti4200 & Ti4600 cards with the TV chip & tuner box. Well at least they allowed the Ti4200 version to be downward compatible with the same TV tuner box that the GF2 uses. So, for a mere $189, I can go up from my GF2-MX400/64MB to a GF4-Ti4200/128Mb & keep using the same TV tuner box. Only www.comprousa.com seems to have these.
The Ti4600 Personal Cinema version has a newer TV interface chip & a different TV tuner box that's not backward compatible to the previous generation design.
headseed

Post by headseed »

I am waiting for a visiontek 'everything' nvidia personal cinema to be shipped to me. I am going to use it in my MicroATX casper II/nForce/Duron box for tv/etc, but I may try it in the bp6 first for kicks, while I finish improving the airflow in the casper case. I'll post my findings if/when I try it in the bp6.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently