can I somehow make a bp6 see xpower radeon 9550?

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
lukk

can I somehow make a bp6 see xpower radeon 9550?

Post by lukk »

I just bought 4x/8x agp card yet my damn bp6 does not see it ust bleeps as if there was no card... is there any solution to this other then just returing the card?

card: xpower radeon 9550 256mb 128bit
http://www.xpower.pl/index.php?act=3&produkt=96
(as you see the card has two keys, should run on bx but doesnt want to...)

thx!
luk
phaedrus

Re: can I somehow make a bp6 see xpower radeon 9550?

Post by phaedrus »

lukk wrote:I just bought 4x/8x agp card yet my damn bp6 does not see it ust bleeps as if there was no card... is there any solution to this other then just returing the card?

card: xpower radeon 9550 256mb 128bit
http://www.xpower.pl/index.php?act=3&produkt=96
(as you see the card has two keys, should run on bx but doesnt want to...)
The problem is that 4x/8x cards are designed to run at 0.8 V ideally, and at 1.5 V for compatability with Universal AGP slots (AGP 4x slots). The BP6 has a 1x slot which is powered by 3.3V. The 8x cards' only requirement for tolerance to 3.3V is that they don't outright fry from the voltage. In fact, no 8x cards should run in the BP6 AGP slot even though they fit.

There aren't any mods to solve this problem. Sorry. The card will only run in newer motherboards. About the fastest cards you'll be able to put in the BP6 are pure 4x Universal cards.

About the fastest you can get from ATI is the Radeon 9000. For nVidia, the fastest cards which were 4x Universal were the GeForce 4 Ti4600.

Jeff
"If it ain't broke, mod it till it is"
They said... and now my BP6 needs new processors... D'oh
Slackware Linux v10.1
lukk

Post by lukk »

thank you :)

i decided to just buy a new comp. it was a sign :)