Strange problem with fasttrak tx2000

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
Annie79

Strange problem with fasttrak tx2000

Post by Annie79 »

Hi there. I have a strange problem with my BP6. I have a tweaked promise ultra 100tx2 controllercard, which is tweakable to a promise fasttrak tx2000 raid-controller. This works fine, except for that it doesn't work on the BP6. I tried it on a different (non-BP6) mobo, no problemo, i saw the bootscreen of the controller and was able to configure an array. But when I placed the controller in the BP6, there was no bootscreen of the controller. It showed up in the devicelist with the correct vendor- and device-ID, but it is not possible to make an array..... When I enter windows 2003 I can see the controller, but I can't see the connected disks, because there is no array. When I flash the card back to a promise ultra 133tx2 I can see the bios of the card and it works pretty fine..... BUT NO RAID.

I tried several different BIOS for the BP6, with and without the hpt controller, with and without the hpt368 controller, but nothing seems to work.
What can I do to make an array and use it?
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Welcome to BP6.com, Annie79!

Which PCI slot is the controller in?
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Annie79

Post by Annie79 »

I tried it in several pci-slots,but nothing seemd to work.At the moment i'm testing again but now using an ISA-"graphics"-card, dated in 1991...... with 512KB ram hha.But it seems to work. I can see the bios f the promise-card.....
Will see...