New video card

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
Majzan

New video card

Post by Majzan »

Im the secound owner of this BP6 puter so im asking for help as i dont really know what parts I can use. :oops:

Im plaing to get a new videocard for my puter but i dont know which cards goes with the mobo. Right now im lookin at this http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ ... EL=MS-8917 but im not sure about the voltages that the mobo supports. :roll:

If this vidoe card wont be accepteted by the mobo what can I get that is about the same and got an very fair price? :D

Would be so gratefull for your advice and help :wink:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

The latest ATI cards are working in the BP6 so I expect that the latest NVIDIA card will work too. If anyone has tried the FX card in a BP6 let us know :)
-Derek
johnli

Post by johnli »

As far as I know there is no reason why it shouldn't work, just make sure you buy from somewhere that won't mind you returning it if it doesn't work
Regards,
John
Majzan

Post by Majzan »

ok so i wont burn the video card then? A friend told me that the newer ATI got lower voltage now days. The AGP on the BP6 is 3.3V and cant be changed right? I think he said that the ATI's demands 1.5 V i think it was ... not sure about the volt though *g* (cant find the chat log.)
The horror/classic DChub
horror.hopto.org
locomo10

Majzan Majzan Majzan Majzan Majzan

Post by locomo10 »

Did you ever get that card to work in a BP6? I'm thinking aout getting it, myself.
loco
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

The Nvidia Geforce FX 5200-128MB AGP card works in the BP6.
I have had one going great for 3 months now - should have waited for a 5600 ultra.
Zero point energy
Majzan

Re: MajzanMajzanMajzanMajzanMajzan

Post by Majzan »

[quote="locomo10"]Did you ever get that card to work in a BP6? I'm thinking aout getting it, myself.
loco[/quote]

Well to be true I have not got that far yet... bought my self lots of other stuff insted for the puter ... but judging from what RRLedford sais it works out just fine... but im still worried about the Voltage problem ... *shrugs* :roll:
The horror/classic DChub
horror.hopto.org