New to BP6's, question about vid. card.

Peripherals, parts, data storage...
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

try and get one of the dual head matrox g200s or g400s, they are decent for 2d and old enough that you can pick them up on ebay for rather cheap, like so
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSe ... sicSearch=
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Get the ABIT Siluro Geforce FX 5200 -128MB - @$80 it's the most bang for the $. No $50 card will even come close to 1/2 its performance!
It does dual monitors as long as one is Digital.
I'm not sure if you can get a digital -to-analog converter for dual-analog.
If not, just get a cheap TNT2 PCI card for the 2ND analog out.
This card runs DirectX version 9 and will do the job for some time
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Rayman, what type of dual monitoring do you need? 2x Monitor or would Monitor/TV be enough? Do you need independent screen resolutions and refresh rates?

What do you mean by "decent 3d graphics"? Gaming? BP6 compatible CPUs will be too slow for recent games (unless you plan to use some Tualatin-adaptor-wizardry). A fast video card won´t help much. UT will be nice, UT2003 will be slow. Single player and heavily cpu-dependent games like MOHAA or U2 will be very slow.
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
johnli

Post by johnli »

RRLedford wrote: It does dual monitors as long as one is Digital.
I'm not sure if you can get a digital -to-analog converter for dual-analog.
I have an Abit Silurio, and it came with the D-A widget, works great. I wouldn't give up my dual monitor setup for anything.
Regards,
John