[ KB ] BP6FSB

Derek
Site Admin

[ Kb ] Bp6fsb

Post by Derek »

Welcome to the BP6 Front Side Bus clocking utility thread!

This program will enable you to change the Front Side Bus on your Abit BP6 dual Celeron motherboard; it works in Windows98, WindowsME, WindowsNT, Windows2000, and WindowsXP.

Warning: Overclocking puts more stress on hardware and can lead to hardware failure. If you are new to overclocking browse the message board for more information before attempting to squeeze any more juice out of your computer.

Because this program is so old, support is very limited. If you have read through the "help" in the program and still cannot find an answer to your question the best thing to do is read through the message board.

If you have some time, and are experienced enough, you may want to take a look at the source code too!

Linux version here: http://www.bp6.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2952
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Derek on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: wadda ya' know

Post by InactiveX »

Hi funnel. I found the proggy to be very useful before I switched to BeOS. :D
funnel wrote:Maybe I should have taken the time to release the v1.7 final.
Oh yes, that would be great. (Any chance of a BeOS port?) :wink:
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

well with the source you could always quickly hack away at it and port it over to BeOS yourself
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I will if I get a spare hour or so (not likely though!)
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Hi funnel, I think bp6fsb is still the best utility for this board. Easy overclocking, no annoying fumbling for jumpers. Check for CRC-errors on the fly. Plus it gives you the real clock speed, unlike WCPUID which seems to read the BIOS setting. Great work, dude! Thanks! :D
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Wolfram wrote:Hi funnel, I think bp6fsb is still the best utility for this board. Easy overclocking, no annoying fumbling for jumpers. Check for CRC-errors on the fly. Plus it gives you the real clock speed, unlike WCPUID which seems to read the BIOS setting. Great work, dude! Thanks! :D
Ugh, WinCPUID does not read the BIOS setting! You're convinced, aren't you? :P

And which jumpers are you talking about? :)
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Derek wrote:Ugh, WinCPUID does not read the BIOS setting! You're convinced, aren't you? :P
I AM!:P Try to change the FSB with BP6FSB and then check it with the "real time clock checker" in WCPUID. I don´t really know where WCPUID reads from, but I always get the speed that is set in the BIOS, on bootup.
Derek wrote:
Clear CMOS.
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:Ugh, WinCPUID does not read the BIOS setting! You're convinced, aren't you? :P
I AM!:P Try to change the FSB with BP6FSB and then check it with the "real time clock checker" in WCPUID. I don´t really know where WCPUID reads from, but I always get the speed that is set in the BIOS, on bootup.
I've seent his happen before... You have to ask yourself, which program is actually lying? :) We'll suppose BP6FSB is doing its job, but we cannot suppose at all that WinCPUID receives its readings from the BIOS; the numbers are completely different!
Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:
Clear CMOS.
You only need to clear the CMOS after you've flashed the BIOS.
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Derek wrote:You have to ask yourself, which program is actually lying? :) We'll suppose BP6FSB is doing its job, but we cannot suppose at all that WinCPUID receives its readings from the BIOS; the numbers are completely different!
I assumed BP6FSB told the truth because the RC5-72 client also said it crunched at the speed BP6FSB indicated. Sandra 2003, on the other hand, was on WCPUIDs side. I think I believed RC5-72 because it actually DOES something (though it´s useless):D

You right, I don´t _know_ if WCPUID reads from the BIOS. But... what numbers are completely different?
Derek wrote:
Or if you have set RAM timings or a CPU/FSB speed the board won´t even boot at, right?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:You have to ask yourself, which program is actually lying? :) We'll suppose BP6FSB is doing its job, but we cannot suppose at all that WinCPUID receives its readings from the BIOS; the numbers are completely different!
I assumed BP6FSB told the truth because the RC5-72 client also said it crunched at the speed BP6FSB indicated. Sandra 2003, on the other hand, was on WCPUIDs side. I think I believed RC5-72 because it actually DOES something (though it´s useless):D

You right, I don´t _know_ if WCPUID reads from the BIOS. But... what numbers are completely different?
During POST, the CPU speed that is displayed comes from a pre-loaded list of speeds. WinCPUID calculates the speed on its own and for some reason it doesn’t take BP6FSB’s changes into consideration.
Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:
Or if you have set RAM timings or a CPU/FSB speed the board won´t even boot at, right?
Actually, you just hold down the "Insert" key while booting to reset to default settings.
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Derek wrote:During POST, the CPU speed that is displayed comes from a pre-loaded list of speeds. WinCPUID calculates the speed on its own and for some reason it doesn’t take BP6FSB’s changes into consideration.
Ah. I didn´t know about that list. Thanks for the info! :)
Derek wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:
Actually, you just hold down the "Insert" key while booting to reset to default settings.
Really? :shock: Only on the BP6 or is that a common thing?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:During POST, the CPU speed that is displayed comes from a pre-loaded list of speeds. WinCPUID calculates the speed on its own and for some reason it doesn’t take BP6FSB’s changes into consideration.
Ah. I didn´t know about that list. Thanks for the info! :)
No problemo!
Wolfram wrote:
Derek wrote:
Wolfram wrote: Or if you have set RAM timings or a CPU/FSB speed the board won´t even boot at, right?
Really? :shock: Only on the BP6 or is that a common thing?
It's a common thing ;)
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

hmm

when i do the BP6FSB i never can get it to where the FSB and AGP speeds are 2/3

drives me crazy
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

funnel wrote:Q:
My "insert favorite benchmarking program name here" doesn't show any increase/descrease in performance when using vp6fsb.
That would really get me down. Ungrateful so-and-so's :roll:
funnel wrote:I even put an easter egg into a version of vp6fsb (can't remember which) where if you click the icon in the about window, it will ask you how fast you want windows to think your computer is. *grin*
LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

The latest version of motherboard moniter tells you the correct cpu speed of the time it's started , so if you use this app, and then restart MBM it will tell your new speed correctly ... just thaugh ppl would find that info usefull :D

Using this utill Ive found my PC is stable at 551 mhz, that is using my dual celeron 400's ... anyone else been able to better results ?
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

Usin this utill Ive found my PC is stable at 551 mhz, that is using my dual celeron 400's ... anyone else been able to better results ?
Chrisyoung9

Post by Chrisyoung9 »

When I try to download the compiled bp6fsb, it says file does not exist... where can i find it?

Thanks!
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Chrisyoung9 wrote:When I try to download the compiled bp6fsb, it says file does not exist... where can i find it?

Thanks!
Fixed
-Derek
reseau21

bp6fsb and win2k

Post by reseau21 »

I have win2k installed with admin rights but when i try to run bp6fsb it says : unable to load device driver.

Can somebody help ?

powernewbie
reseau21

bp6fsb and win2k

Post by reseau21 »

I have win2k installed with admin rights but when i try to run bp6fsb it says : unable to load device driver.

Can somebody help ?

powernewbie
Char

Post by Char »

I still use it.. only thing I miss is the possibility to UNDERCLOCK the FSB, eg to 50 Mhz..
Run to the bedroom - in the suitcase on the left....