ISA modems BP-6/XP

OS / Drivers / BIOS
willyrick

ISA modems BP-6/XP

Post by willyrick »

Has anybody gotten any ISA modems to function correctly in XP? I have a couple of ESS ES-28202018(9) modems that I can't get to function. They seem to work up the point where ADT###-#### is entered in the dial-up access, then they just lock. Work fine in 98se and I have gotten the latest drivers form ESS (albeit nonsigned :roll: ). I'm stuck using an external modem at the moment and DON'T have a PCI slot to spare!!!
Any advice or ideas?
TIA wr
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Which ISA slot is it in? Try the outside ISA slot if you haven't, yet. I have used a ZOOM Model 2919 and a 3Com USR FaxModem Model 5687 in the outside ISA slot.

I don't know, sometimes external modems are better than internal modems. Especially if the internal modem is a WinModem.

Hey, how come everything in the PC World that begins with Win is crappy and slow!? :twisted:
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

I'm very happy with my decision to use a Diamond Supra USB external modem with WinXP-Pro. I do Internet connection sharing to (3) other computers & it has worked very well. On the rare occasion that it does freeze up, I just unplug the USB cable for a few seconds, plug back in, & all is good again. Life's just too short to be using internal modems!