Ram timings help!

OS / Drivers / BIOS
headseed

Ram timings help!

Post by headseed »

Alright, I have a bp6 with a celemine 566 at 850 right now. I am using one stick crucial 256mb pc133 cl2, and one kingston valueram 256mb pc133, unknow lat. I cannot set the memory at anything other than 3.

The board has a cap soldered piggyback to one cap in between the two cpu sockets, along the top edge of the mobo. I have had no problems with this setup, along with an antec trupower 330watt.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble? I have the RU bios also if that helps any. Late!
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Have you tried each stick of RAM by itself to see which one can be set to 2? Do you know if either stick can be set to 2?
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
headseed

Post by headseed »

Well, I certainly will try all that out. I just fixed a "the system has recovered from a serious error" infinite loop. Probably muck with the ram some tomorrow. The crucial stick is 256mb pc133 cl2, so it should have no problems at 100fsb cl2, but its running at 3 right now, along with the kingston stick.

Anyone know off hand what the kingston valueram pc133 is as far as latency? I know they use whatever flavor chips are plentiful when they need them. But it is pc133, so even if it was cl3, I would hope it would run at 2. The chips are elpedia, I can get a pic if it would help id it.

Thanks!
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

headseed wrote:... Anyone know off hand what the kingston valueram pc133 is as far as latency? I know they use whatever flavor chips are plentiful when they need them. But it is pc133, so even if it was cl3, I would hope it would run at 2. The chips are elpedia, I can get a pic if it would help id it.

Thanks!
I did some brief searching and found that the Kingston ValueRam you are using is CL3. Doesn't look like you'll be able to go CL2.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...