Bios BP6, Drivers for raid controller Hmmmmm

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Bios BP6, Drivers for raid controller Hmmmmm

Post by Blueneko »

Can there be a problem with a bios version and trying to use certain devices on the board?
BP6, then VP6, and my old dual ppro 200
We have 3 servers here @ work all running VP6 boards, with I do believe the latest revision YT, (I think)....Ok all 3 servers use the promise SX6000 Supertrak 6 channel raid card, the other machines worked flawlessly and probably due to the newest bios version + new drivers. but the last one we built had a WK bios version (2nd release) and couldnt use the newest drivers promise offered, we had the original drivers disk from 2001 (what usually comes shipped) and we used that which worked fine and now the machine actually works.
Well what was happenning was the drive array could be formed, drivers were installed, then it would become unstable, causing the array to time out and become unreliable. Thus showed the same syptoms of my adaptec 133U2 scsi controller on my BP6 board...(No we never overclocked any vp6 @ work, they all use dual p3 1 gig with 133 fsb)
Now that ive said that, Could my problems have existed in a bios issue + driver issue with my raid controller? I had proper scsi terminations and i tried multiple bioses (ones with and without the evil HPT366, even one with p3 microcode with the nifty "Dual p3" logo. And I could never figure out why it would become unstable. Now that ive seen this 2 times.

Oh the card worked fine in a dual slot 1 board we upgraded used the sx6000 finr and my dual pentium pro used my scsi controller fine.
Arh Hardware tech, trial and error! I live for it.