Win2k server and bp6 and other things.

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Win2k server and bp6 and other things.

Post by Blueneko »

Im wondering whats going on with my server, I repo'ed the ata66 raid out of it since it wouldnt fly with my ultra2 3 channel scsi controller. So I use dit, but theres something weird going on. The machine runs, say if i were transferring vast amounts of data across the network or anywhere or just say use the machine for 5 minutes or so, the machine just stops responding. No crashing, no black screen no bsod, no nothing. Goto hit ctrl alt and del to get to the task manager and all you get to see is the background with working numlock and mouse moves. but the machine isnt writing data anymore. It was initially running @ 600, so i tried to see if it would do the same at the spec speed @ 366, same thing. 400. 466 overclock it, run it at 300, run it upside down, chase it rightside up. its just doing the same thing over and over. I am baffled on what its doing. Its just not hanging!

So if i used for 5 ~ 10 minutes it wouldnt let me do anything anymore.

BP6 366 @ 600
512mb ram (x2)
3COM 3c905c-tx
adaptec AAA 133U2 scsi host adapter
2 IBM Scsi 9.1 gig Mirror on channel c (raid1)
3 Seagate Scsi 18 gig on channel b (raid5)
Radeon 7200 SDR PCI

PCI 1,2 and 4 used.
Vidoe first, then network. etc.
Raid controller at the bottom PCI.

And damnit its not doing anything, I can only play with the mouse!
I have never come across this kind of problem.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

How did you repo the controller? You used the BIOS without the HighPoint code?
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I think gaubumon is talking about a RAID card :?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Oh yea, 'ata66 raid' :? Ooops
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

blah @ my phone line, I forgot to pay for the phonebill so thus my phone service has been "Interrupted".

Well its been a day since ive been at work. Happy new year, I not only burned my finger on new years eve, i also somehow tweaked my finger, so it dosent bend correctly. But it was the ata66 raid controller i repoed out of the machine since it wasnt being friendly to my scsi raid controller.

Maybe one of the mirror drives are freezing?
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Since I do not have the the other two drives here to see wether or not its the drives I have mirrored, I will have to test the computer with a measly ibm ide 40 gig drive. :cry:

Lets see how it goes..........
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

gabumon wrote:, i also somehow tweaked my finger, so it dosent bend correctly.
So it doesn't bend right anymore but tell us, has it improved its stability, perhaps reduced its operating temperature. Will you put a howto up on the web to show us how to tweak too? :wink:
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

:lol: :lol:
Yes its doubled in size, its moves must faster if i attempt to touch it and if your more than willing to tweak your finger, just ask someone to pull and pull and bend your finger left hard at a new years party!