Updating my BIOS and need some help please . . . .

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Snugglebear

Post by Snugglebear »

The clearing step after the flash is not required. It's a good idea, though. In your case just hit F1, then get into the bios and change your settings to what you need. The error you got is typical and not dangerous, it just means the bios wants you to take a look at the CPU settings.
Snugglebear

Post by Snugglebear »

The award bios 1.0a thing is not the right number to look at - that's just the string identifying the manufacturer revision of the bios chip and menu system. No matter what version of the bp6 bios you use it will alway say the same thing. The abit bios microcode updates a different code on the POST screen - look down at the bottom for a long string with a date and a bunch of numbers - the date is the date of the bios compile, the string of numbers identifies the version. You should see a string with -RU on the end as well as the new HPT screen.

Now, is the bios holding non-overclocked chip settings or any other settings outside that of the processor through reboots?

Did you flash the bios while overclocked?

Is the system keeping the correct time?
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Tip: Have battery back-up present when flashing bios, I once had a power spike once upon a time and that wasnt any fun, my computer just groaned at me and I couldnt do anything.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Tip #2: Always keep an ISA video card handy. In the event of a bad flash you can use the card to get a crude display so you can attempt the flash again.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Hi FiveO

I've just posted the correct version of the flasher for the BP6 with some instructions:

http://www.bp6forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=3797#3797

Hope this helps you.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

FiveO, The .exe file loads the desired .BIN file - which is a BINary image file representing the new BIOS for the EEPROM that gets burned. You can collect a bunch of .BIN files, each representing different BIOS versions.