The Latest RU BIOS from ROBY ????

OS / Drivers / BIOS
v3ctra

The Latest RU BIOS from ROBY ????

Post by v3ctra »

Hi alll :o)

Just to know if someone has already test the Latest RU BIOS from ROBY ????
I don't know if a report exists ..... but it will be interesting :o)

"By: "Roby"
Latest RU BIOS W/PIII and Co Microcode & V1.28 HTP366 Drivers (April 3rd, 2002)"

I interested to flash it but .... it's really usefull ???

thanks for all

CU & Best Regards :)

@+
V3ctra
Freak

Latest RU BIOS

Post by Freak »

Dear V3ctra
I have flashed my Bios to the new:

"By: "Roby"
Latest RU BIOS W/PIII and Co Microcode & V1.28 HTP366 Drivers (April 3rd, 2002)"

I needed this release because all other releases by ABIT as well as other Bios releases on this website didn't recognize my two new 80Gb Seagate IV's. With other releases they came up as only 10GB in dos and from my Highpoint-tech controller (On-board), I could only get them to 80Gb when I partitioned them under win2000 pro boot disks and not through FDisk, but would take hours to do 1% under defrag.

With this release they both register as 80Gb under dos and now defragging is an ease. The only complaint is that I can not install win2000 pro with both of them plugged in during installation, and only after installing win2000 can I plug them back in. I've tried every Highpoint-tech driver and every other driver I could find, but nothing.

What I find the most surprising is that highpoint-tech claim that it supports hard-drives up to 137Gb with my controller. W.T.F????? Then why doesn't my 80Gb drive work?????

I have also noticed some improved stability with this release a few extra Mhz on an aging machine never hurt anyone. :lol: