hpt66 and win2k3?

OS / Drivers / BIOS
p3n1x

hpt66 and win2k3?

Post by p3n1x »

whats the best bios / driver set to use so the deal work on win2k3...as it is im using the latest xp drivers, with matching bios for that 1.30 1.30b

should i drop back to an official bios?

anybody had any success...and im not overclocking ANYTHING :) i know the hpt66 craps out alot under overclock
Its dangerous on the internets
KliK

Post by KliK »

i use the 1.25 BIOS for HPR with 1.28 version of driver...for now i found out it's the best possible combination, stable & fast enough!

also i put UDMA on 3, not 4 (default) in HPT BIOS setting...also has to do something with stability issue!
p3n1x

Post by p3n1x »

so far i got it working ok with the HPT366 WinXP 1.30 driver on win2k3 using the BP6 RV With HPT 1.30B bios...im pretty sure this is the case

as it is, i can get 1 drive to work on the secondary slave port...

when i plug in 2 x 250gb on the primary channel, windows loading bar scrolls forever, and it will never boot. if i remove those 2 drives its fine..weird stuff.

its fine as it is now since i moved those disks to another box, but id like to kinda use the onboard deal just cuz its there ;)
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

seems you can't post often enough about the onbaord hpt366 being flaky.
with the proneness to failure of the onboard capacitors, the hpt seems to be the first place to show dying. and that is while killing your hard drives.

posting often and hard, and can we keep it bumped or stickied, ....
unless you've capped your board
and are a masochist for hard drive failure pain ...
don't use the highpoint on board

for 2c of extra credit, discuss ....
p3n1x

Post by p3n1x »

yea i guess so

ive since put it back as ipcop, and its doing fine there. i know the hpt66 is retarded but ah well
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

also, I just put some big drives, 320gb, in a win2k box, and it needs the LBA-enhanced regedit hack from microsoft to get LBA 48 bit addressing to work. above 137gb

pretty sure the BP6 would probably be before the previous hack to get above 64gb, or so. not sure of the number ...
though the highpoints would have been cutting edge and maybe complied. must go read the bios manual before i spout of too ;-)
KliK

Post by KliK »

Dave Rave wrote:also, I just put some big drives, 320gb, in a win2k box, and it needs the LBA-enhanced regedit hack from microsoft to get LBA 48 bit addressing to work. above 137gb

pretty sure the BP6 would probably be before the previous hack to get above 64gb, or so. not sure of the number ...
though the highpoints would have been cutting edge and maybe complied. must go read the bios manual before i spout of too ;-)
some say that if you format the drive undet the 137GB, that it would work...also Microsoft mentions it in one of the fixes for that issue (don't know which)!