How to reactivate WinXP?!

OS / Drivers / BIOS
KliK

How to reactivate WinXP?!

Post by KliK »

recently I got some WinXP from the firm I was working in...they have upgraded to Vista, so the signed of the WinXP & I took 2 of those...

now I would want to reactivate my WinXP, so that I don't have problems with WGA anymore (I don't have the WGA problem now, but I don't want to have it in the future, now that i have legal copies of WinXP!)...

is there a way to reactivate the WinXP, except the reinstall!

please help...
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Since no one else offered up some kind of hack, I'm gonna have to say just do the re-install.

Of course when you do, you will most likely end up having to call M$ because their authorization system will recognize the OEM COA is being loaded on a mobo with a different chipset then the OEM manufacturer produces.

Since the most recent legal changes concerning sale and usage of OEM license products, you may have trouble. Previously when I was in that situation I told them the original mobo was hosed and I replaced it my self. I made very sure to be clear that mine was the only system running that copy of XP Home.

In truth, the COAs I got were from systems that came out of the box and were wiped then loaded with Linux so they could be servers without the 10 client connection limit.

When that happens let us know what you tell them and how it turns out.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
tenchimuyo93

Post by tenchimuyo93 »

KliK found a solution in another thread {doubles}.

i use a reg. key that works 100% of the time {so far}