max 60% CPU usage

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

This is probably due to an old BIOS revision. You should update your motherboard BIOS to an RU falvour.
-Derek
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Looks like the OS is doing what it's supposed to do when running applications on a multiprocessor system.

More performance...

Higher FSB
Faster Processor
More RAM
Faster controllor and hard drive

You could try upping the priority of the applications and see if the OS responds with higher CPU utilisation.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Right now I´m scanning for viruses, dialers and spyware at the same time (just a standard procedure, no real reason to do that ;))... cpu load is above 90 percent all the time on both cpus.

But on a closer look... it seems to be that new Realtek 8139 D NIC... I was just downloading something, now it´s finished and the cpu load has gone down to 60%... wtf? I thought the newer revisions of the Realtek chipset were supposed to have a lower cpu load... have to watch that :?
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I don't know about you guys, but my CPU load is always at 100% :P Anyone care to guess why?

heh
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Is it called, SETI :?:
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...