OS / Drivers / BIOS
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

-Derek
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Rootje wrote:Already read it, nothing in there i haven't tried already...
The problem is usually solved by re-flashing from floppy, but when i do that AWDFLASH indicates there are Write-errors! :cry:
Sorry about that, I skipped the words "boot block" :)

Looks like your chip is a goner if it can't be written to, you will have to try a hardware flasher.

EDIT: Have you cleared the CMOS via the jumper?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Rootje wrote:not yet, good idea :D gonna try that now
but it sounds more like i need another Abit board to hot-swap it...But i don't really wanna do that :? Unfortunately hardware flashers are pretty hard to find here...
If you can't flash the chip I don't think hot swapping will help you.

Do you get the error after the computer POSTs?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

The same problem before on the same computer?
-Derek
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Rootje wrote:Problem Solved!!
I flashed in the ancient LP - bios from the Abit site, again it gave me write errors and even no video after bootup. But when i flashed in the original RU bios again it worked like a charm!
Then I tried to flash in the one done by Roby - guess what: no write errors and good boot. Altogether very strange.

Thnx Derek for your help!
Great! I wonder what went wrong.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Derek wrote:
I flashed in the ancient LP - bios from the Abit site, again it gave me write errors and even no video after bootup. But when i flashed in the original RU bios again it worked like a charm!
Then I tried to flash in the one done by Roby - guess what: no write errors and good boot. Altogether very strange.

Reflashing with RU revisions; each flash was essentially writing the same data to the chip. Reflashing with LP; more or less rewrote all the data to the chip. Maybe cleared the portions of the ROM that were causing problems.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

hyperspace wrote:
Derek wrote:

Reflashing with RU revisions; each flash was essentially writing the same data to the chip. Reflashing with LP; more or less rewrote all the data to the chip. Maybe cleared the portions of the ROM that were causing problems.
That's what one would think, but it still gave him errors after flashing with LP, only this time it actually booted up.

As long as it works :biglaugh: