Some XP Errors

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Wolfram

Re: Some XP Errors

Post by Wolfram »

Xaing wrote:1st Page_Fault_in_NonPage_Area
2nd Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
That usually indicates a driver issue, but sometimes it happens due to overclocking. I´d suspect it´s the Voodoo card, because there are no official XP drivers for it (but better inofficial drivers soon, since the driver source has found its way into the web). Have you tried drivers from www.voodoofiles.com yet? Which drivers do you use at the moment?

IIRC you can get the name of the driver responsible for the crash from the error message on the bluescreen (line3?).
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

Are you trying to install Windows XP, or did you install the drivers after the installation was finished ?? And when do these bluescreens occur ??
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Well, if you´ve used an NIC card before and everything is fine now, it´s likely the NIC drivers caused the trouble. What type of card was it?
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

Can you imagine the exact stop error??? Which files were involved or when did it occur ??? Did you upgrade the last installation of WinXP from WinME too ???

Bye.
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

alll Voodoo cards do have Offical M$ drivers ... they just dont have glide support, if you stick to the standers Voodoo drivers they would throw errors like what's at the tops of the thread.

the files at voodoofiles can sometimes cause those problems, and others aswell. untill you get your system stable i woudl recomend you stay with M$ featureless drivers
johnli

Post by johnli »

I've never had any luck with the SB Live on my BP6 under 2k or XP, and it always gave me IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (STOP 0x0A), so I'd blame that by instinct. but yeah almost certainly drivers, just take things out till it stops.
Regards,
John