Plz Help BP6 Wont boot after strange RU BIOS flash!

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

First try powering up the computer while holding down the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

If that doesn't work I think you are going to need this:

http://www.bp6.com/board/dload.php?acti ... file_id=20
Last edited by Derek on Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

DON'T PANIC

I rescued my BP6 from a bad BIOS flash, with the same symptoms you describe, by booting with an old ISA video card. If you don't have one of these, try a second-hand PC shop or eBAY.

I always keep an ISA video card handy nowadays.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

InactiveX: Take a look at the file I posted above your post.
Edit: But yeah, ISA cards do come in handy :biglaugh:
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Derek: I did know it was in the file, but thought it was such useful info that other people may see it and commit it to memory in the eventuality of a bad BIOS flash, so I stated it outright. :-)

BTW Is this in the FAQ? Hyperspace?
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Oh, yeah. I'll be on this later, after I get home tonight.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

bongo wrote:Thanks all. I got it working by jimmying the clear CMOS pins, and removing the battery for a couple of hours. And if anyone knows, can i get ma a 80GB Westen Digital JB to work with ma BP6? A 40GB one works, but is a tad flaky.

Cheeeros
Yep, it'll work. But use the ATA33 ports or buy an external IDE card (ie. Promise).
graham131

Post by graham131 »

Derek wrote:First try powering up the computer while holding down the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

Derek, is this file still available? It says not. I have the same problem and would love to read the info in the file.

Thanks

GRaham
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Welcome to BP6.Com, graham131 !

I sent a message to Derek about the "dead" link.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
headseed

Post by headseed »

To the original poster: Dual 1 gigs wont work, unless extensive modifications, and even then probably won't work. Also, onboard hpt366 is flaky, don't use it, unless you're one of the lucky ones it works for.

have fun with your bp6!
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Derek wrote:First try powering up the computer while holding down the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

BTW the link is updated :)
-Derek
TerrorSquad

need help with bad flash!!!!!!!!!!

Post by TerrorSquad »

well i updated my flash with awd utility and bin file that i got off the maker of my board and made sure it was rigth board syntax sv266a on top shows bios update i gotr it put it on disk used the awd utility it said chksum4012 not sure what the exact number was but it said that between the lines of imput souce file and name file then it said u wann proceed so i did not knowing what chksum was it didn't say anything about error's it went though the procces of scanning memory and all that everything went ok and then it told meto press f1 to restart so i did then it never fully restarted all that happens is the system bootsup with cdromn,cpu, floppy looks like it doesn't work never lightsup even with floopy in it the bootfloops with awd bios and bin file but thats all it does no beeps or nothing just sits there running ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE HOW TO FIX THIS? someone said something about taking out the battery and something about cmos jumper something about leaving out for couple hours well anyone PLLLLZZZZZ HELPPPPPPP i don't feel like buyin or fixing my bioschip i was thinking if i tookout my bios chip for a little while while everythings' unplugged would that reset the bios? thxs for urtime :) :!:
got weed smoke it