task manager

OS / Drivers / BIOS
vgoraz

task manager

Post by vgoraz »

is there anyway possible to have task manager start up with things sorted by default? for instance, lets say you want task manager to always start with tasks sorted by memory usage (or spu usage), how exactly would you go about doing this. mine doesnt really seem to start sorted by anything in particular, its annoying
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

ok after going to the options and having the task manager show everything, it seems things are initially sorted by the process id (pid), so yeah i have figured that out. it seems to always want to default to sorting in descending order with the pid. i am off to mess around with the registry among other things to see if i can change this
johnli

Post by johnli »

I don't know of any way off hand, I don't recall seeing any mention of it in the registry; googling doesn't appear to turn up many results so it may not even be possible.
Having said that, good luck in the registry and when you find out how be sure to pass it on ;).
Regards,
John
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

You may have some luck with a 3rd-party replacement task manager. I don't know of any though. I don't use Windows.
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

the registry had no settings i could find other than one that lets you chose which users have access to the task manager and such, so yeah no luck yet. time to find other methods
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

ok yes i give up, there seems to be no way possible to do this. time to get a new task manager, or maybe a simple cpu meter that watches both cpus. i hate skinning rainmeter though, but oh well.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Here's a site that has a CPU monitor:

http://www.nospaceleft.com/

Look for BiCPU on the left-side.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

i set up my own rainmeter skin so i am using that instead (actually its a variation of black'n'white showing just what i want it to show). i use litestep as my shell so i mean it makes lots of sense to use rainmeter and the other rain programs as they load up nicely as modules with !bangs to control them and all. here is the link to the rain programs
http://vapaa.dc.inet.fi/~rainy/index.html