Auto Boot on power failure

OS / Drivers / BIOS
pieroxy

Auto Boot on power failure

Post by pieroxy »

Hi,

I just bought a BP6 two weeks ago and flashed the RU w/o HPT BIOS. I noticed in the "Integrated Peripherals" screen an option called "PWRON after PWRFAIL" which is nowhere to be found in the Mobo documentation... I just assumed that if I set it "ON" it would boot the PC up automatically if a power outage was to occur. But it doesn't work :( (I got two power outages this Week-End and the PC didn't restart automatically)

So I have two questions:

1. Has anyone try this option of the RU BIOS?
2. Is there any way I can configure my Mobo to boot after a power outage?

Thanks !!!
johnli

Post by johnli »

Mine boots after power failiure with it set to on, though I have only tested this by pulling the power cord out the back, I can't quite engineer my own powercut better than that ;) want to try that and see what the results are?
Regards,
John
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

You need to set the JP1 jumper on the motherboard to pins "1-2".

Read this FAQ article for more details: http://www.bp6.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=926
pieroxy

Post by pieroxy »

Derek, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try, and will post my experience :wink:

johnli, a probably better way of testing that would be to shutdown your machine and then unplug the power cord. The machine should boot after you re-plug it. Probably a better option on the software (OS) side...
johnli

Post by johnli »

IIRC a shutdown is a "proper" shutdown, but I could be mistaken; I've only tested it when it wasn't booting in to OS (quite by mistake, hadn't noticed option was on in bios and mobo, was quite surprised when it turned itself on :P)
Regards,
John
pieroxy

Post by pieroxy »

Works like a charm!!! Thanks! :P :P :P

Needs Both JP1 and the BIOS settings to be set.