Windows2000 Service Packs

OS / Drivers / BIOS
Derek
Site Admin

Windows2000 Service Packs

Post by Derek »

Does anyone have confirmation on whether or not MS will be releasing any more service packs for Windows2000? I remember hearing (or reading) somewhere that MS will soon be dropping support for operating systems other than XP. Maybe you can shed some light for me.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

I think will see another SP from MS. Remember, the SP's went up to SP6a for NT 4. If you look at the Windows 2000 HotFixes listed in Add/Remove Programs, you will see many Pre-SP4 HotFixes.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

MS will support 2k with service packs untill 2003 server is well established ... and they are only just startting to drop hotfixes for nt4. so I think 2k has at least 2 years for service packs, and upto 5 or more for hotfixes
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

hyperspace wrote:I think will see another SP from MS. Remember, the SP's went up to SP6a for NT 4. If you look at the Windows 2000 HotFixes listed in Add/Remove Programs, you will see many Pre-SP4 HotFixes.
True, but NT was out longer before 2000 was released to replace it.
the_flames wrote:MS will support 2k with service packs untill 2003 server is well established ... and they are only just startting to drop hotfixes for nt4. so I think 2k has at least 2 years for service packs, and upto 5 or more for hotfixes
Speaking of Server2003, it looks like it's going to be a very good release. I've had the chance to use it and I like it!

WindowsXP is too colourful for me (even with the original Windows theme :P)