2x400@600

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
flashfix

2x400@600

Post by flashfix »

2 X Intel Celeron 400@600 (100X6)
1 X Global Win Cpu Cooler
1 X CoolerMaster Cpu Cooler
Blue Orb Chipset Cooler
3X256 SDRAM pc133 = 768 mb RAM
Sapphire ati 9000 All In Wonder 64mb
PLEXTOR DVD-CDRW compo PX320A IDE1
Western Digital WDC 400JB 40 gb HDD @ Promise UATA 100 TX2 pci controller
Creative SB128pci
Windows XP pro SP1
MBM Temps
Sensor 1 26-32° C
Sensor 2 26-33° C
Sensor 3 29-33° C
Both Cores @ 2.05V

the 4th bp6 system I have built :)
Amakusa

Post by Amakusa »

Did u lapped the cpus??
flashfix

Post by flashfix »

Yes I did.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Hi flashfix.

Did you OC before you lapped the CPUs? What was the limit then, and the VCore?

That's a great OC BTW. :D
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I lapped my CPUs too! :mrgreen:

I’m going to post an article about CPU lapping sometime during the next couple of weeks.
-Derek
Amakusa

Post by Amakusa »

flashfix wrote:Yes I did.
Cool! I was thinking of trying to get my 2 pairs of Celeron 400s to go up till 600, they would post at 600 but does nothing else from that point. The only thing left would be to lap them. So looks like i'm in luck! I'll go lap them during my holidays~ Thanks mate! :D
flashfix

Post by flashfix »

InactiveX wrote:Hi flashfix.

Did you OC before you lapped the CPUs? What was the limit then, and the VCore?

That's a great OC BTW. :D

Yes, the limit was the same 600mhz,but after lapping is more stable in winXP.By the way the two cpus are from the same lot . MALAY .... :( i dont remember the number SL.... something.
Vcore also the same both @ 2.05V

I just found another BP6 new and two 366s and took it for the amount of 120€. I´ll post details when i find the time to set it up. Hope to get it up to 550.
Derek wrote:I lapped my CPUs too! :mrgreen:

I’m going to post an article about CPU lapping sometime during the next couple of weeks.
Derek that´s great. thx :)

And guys sorry for my English. It´s not my mother language
Amakusa

Post by Amakusa »

flashfix wrote:Yes, the limit was the same 600mhz,but after lapping is more stable in winXP.By the way the two cpus are from the same lot . MALAY .... :( i dont remember the number SL.... something.
Vcore also the same both @ 2.05V

I just found another BP6 new and two 366s and took it for the amount of 120€. I´ll post details when i find the time to set it up. Hope to get it up to 550.
I've got 4 boxed cpus of the same batch which were known back then to overclock nicely to 600MHz. I don't remember the S-spec either but definitely it's from Malaysia and not Puerto Rico. Currently i'm running them all at ~550MHz at 2.1V. One of the BP6 is developing a problem with one the USB ports though, anyone know how to fix it?

120€ for a BP6 and 2 366s? Well that's quite good! Good luck for ur overclocking! :D
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

its quite impressive how well people from other countries can speak english. on forums and such they speak just as well as native english speakers do for the most part. a very impressive showing by all you foreigners
johnli

Post by johnli »

I think it's more a sad comment on the attitude of many english-speaking web users. Personally I type when not using correct grammar and spelling, but there you go...
Regards,
John
SilentNomad

My First Post...

Post by SilentNomad »

Ok, first off, let me show my ignorance by asking what lapping is. Secondly, I don't know what rev. my mobo is, I've not bothered looking at it since I'm running Dual 366's @ 551MHz with voltages at 2.00 on each. Seems to be running VERY stable. However, even with better cooling fans, the system locks and hangs if I try to up the FSB any more than it is at present. I picked up the mobo and both CPUs used for $50.00(USD) total cost. I'm wondering what the fastest CPU that I can put on this board without any modifications would be, and if it's not the same, which CPU I can put on here and OC the fastest..?..

Oh, I never put the sides on my computers, so if you guys would like, I will slide it out of it's hole and peek in and see what I can see for y'all...
headseed

Post by headseed »

flashfix:

How long can you run the latest Prime95 on torure test, set to the combination of all tests (middle button when choosing)?

I have 2 400MHz celerons, and at 92fsb (lowest you can go and still get 3/1 pci divider) and 2.1 volts, the system is rock stable. But if I put a network card in (ISA, various PCIs), it hard locks. I am thinking of trying a USB nic, I don't need great network performance, but this BP6 is useless to me if its not networked.

I know the underclocked PCI bus is the issue, but I don't know if the cpus will run at a higher fsb.

Any thoughts?[/url]
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
SilentNomad

Post by SilentNomad »

n/m, I remembered what lapping was after I posted that. Late night internet sessions will be the death of me. LOL
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

SilentNomad wrote:Late night internet sessions will be the death of me. LOL
hehe

I think that goes for all of us :)
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

LOL! Derek, what happened to the article named "Sanding the Slug" from the old site? The one with the bottle of mountain dew? :)
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

InactiveX wrote:LOL! Derek, what happened to the article named "Sanding the Slug" from the old site? The one with the bottle of mountain dew? :)
I thought that was the golden orb modding. The other dya I was going through stuff and my bunny started to lick one of my old cpus. I laughed and thought of "lapping" then :lol:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

heh

"Sanding the Slug" was an article by me (that I've yet to upload). Hal has got it right about the GOrbs and Mountain Dew.
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Oh yeah. The Mountain Dew popped into my head for some reason. You used the bottle top or something didn't you? I remember wondering what mountain dew was at the time. We don't get it in the UK!
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

InactiveX wrote:Oh yeah. The Mountain Dew popped into my head for some reason. You used the bottle top or something didn't you? I remember wondering what mountain dew was at the time. We don't get it in the UK!
The Orb Safety Hat!!!!!!! :worship:

kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

ok...

you don't get mountain dew i nthe UK

omfg you poor ppl

they got mtn dew mtnd dew:code red (Cherry flavored and they had mtn dew: livewire (orange flavored) for the summer

omfg you ppl need help!!!

IMPORT MORE US GOODS
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Metal File. Hmmm...

I prefer my Dremel Tool. :twisted: