Single 566@901

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
headseed

Single 566@901

Post by headseed »

BP6 with single Celemine 566 at 106/901 at 1.85volts using neo370. 2x256 pc133 cl2 (1 crucial, I Kingston). Cheapo Antec SLK600 with Truepower330, 10GB Maxtor, Hercules Fortissimo II, 32MB Geforce II gts, generic nic. Alpha all aluminium with Denkei 60mm. Case has a Sunon high rpm in front on the psu temp controlled fan conector, and a generic 92mm in back. Lasagna cooler/artic silver on northbridge.

I just got this as barebones purchase of mobo/cpu/hsf/ram/nic for cheep and the capacitor mod was already done and so I built it how it is now, I had alot of the stuff. The first week was a little hairy with this system and I thank bp6.com for helping me stay sane. Rock solid performance running my lan's laser printer, eMule P2P, distributed folding (team stir fry), and when I find out if the pci hpt366 card I have will work wit hit, I am going to add 2 big HDs for music/media serving.

hpt366 is the DEBIL!

headseed
Last edited by headseed on Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
headseed

Post by headseed »

Edit: fixed links to pics, all work now. Also running 108fsb for total of 918MHz!
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

my bp6 is in a better looking homemade cube :P

but all the same good job

mind posting MBM or something s we can see the temps speeds of fans ect..

Kuun
headseed

Post by headseed »

I will post a screenie at 918 soon. It is running prime now, and I want to leave it be.

kunn (or anyone for that matter):
How about some pics of your homemade cube? Specs? Benchmarks?
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
headseed

Post by headseed »

Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
headseed

Post by headseed »

kuun, got pics yet? ANyone? This board is dead most of the time, so post something ppl!
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
headseed

Post by headseed »

kuun, I still want to see your homemade cube! You can't just come on here and say 'mine's better' and not post pics! :wink: :D
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

ok so you want to see the rig?

en route
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kuun on Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

i know the inside is a mess and needs to be tidied up a bit, but i dont have the materials to tidy it up..

if you will notice, the switch at the top right is the switch to a 250watt AT power supply, which powers my 3 SCSI 50 pin hdd's and my zip drive (which is under the burner)

from the side, you are looking at the following drives,
24x10x48x Phillips Cd-rw drive
100mb IDE internal Zip drive
48X black liet-on CD-Rom
2 floppy drives, 1 with a face (black), and the other is behind the front plate (also black)
my 60 GB Western Digital (5400RPM)
and a 10GB generic (came out of an HP minitower)

i cant get my webcam over to show the pics of my SCSI

Kuun
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

kuun: When I had an AT PSU powering my fans and drives, I used a 12V relay switch to power on the 2nd PSU when the power button was pushed. This is the sort of thing I did:

http://kmcsonline.com/casemod/dual_psu/
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

thanks for the tip

if i really wanted to make both start up automatically,

i have one of those old adapters that plug into that spare plug on the back of the power supply, therefore when i turn one on, the other gets it's power (this was used long ago to turn the monitor on/off when you turn the computer on/off

Kuun
headseed

Post by headseed »

Nice rig. Its like a monster. I wouldn't call it a cube, though, just two generic mid towers stuck together. Good job though. My rig is just a secondary rig running whatever I don't want to burden my main/gaming rig with. Things like eMule, SmartFTP, and of course Distributed Folding! For the ammount of $$$ I got the bp6 combo for it performs really well. I think its the fact that it has 512mb of memory. I've never had a machine with more than 256, so it is really noticable.

Anyone else want to showcase their bp6?
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

Showcase thier BP6? Ok I will showcase it next week when I get to work (Since its there) I will have to pull out mt ultra 160 scsi controller since it only has a 50 pin connector in the back, thus cant use the cd-tower thats above the server......... so its going to get a ultra2 80mb sec card in its place with an external 68pin so I can use my cd-tower. But until I get that I will not touch my bp6 machine. I ment to take pictures of it but I had to let someone use the cam for something @ work.
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

hehe

i dont really care if it's a cube or not, it's called "cube" and to me it's a cube

i wanna get a real cube myself but dont ahve them money

anyhow it's taken alot of work to build and i love it, it's my favorite machine

i also have my old 262mhz running seti and anything else i dont wanna run on my machine

i used to have a setup where i'd have both machines linked, run stuff off one on another and run some messenger services like yahoo msn aim and other stuff on one and the rest on the other.. but since i got the bp6 i've gotten out of that

Kuun