heatpipe cooling

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
kuun
Post-O-Matic

heatpipe cooling

Post by kuun »

has anyone here attempted a heatpipe cooling system on a BP6 system?

if you dont know what a heatpipe is ask and i'll tell you
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

a heatpipe is a pipe (of jsut about any material... usually CVC pipe) filled with water (all the air sucked out) or filled with wick material and then filled with water (for usage upside-down) and metal heat plates (usually copper)

then you put one end of the heatpipe on the CPU itself.. the other has either a heatsink and fan or just a regular heatsink...

it's upto 200% more effective than just a regular copper heatsink
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Stagnant water does not make for good cooling. High velocity, turbulent water very close to the CPU die makes for optimum cooling. Heat pipes need to have efficiently circulating fluids moving between the hot zone and a place where the heat can be deposited easily.
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

ummmm... thats the point of heatpipe cooling....

what does warm air do?
it rises.. if you have a heatpipe right side up (mostly done with slot cpu's) the heat will rise.. to the colder part.. moving the cold water down to where the warm water was.. to be heated.. you have turbulent water (you use wick material to acheive upsidedown and leteral usage)

you put a huge heatsink and fan on one end.. and the other to the CPU... your going to move the water from one end to the other... and with a large heatsink and fan... both ends of the heat pipe will be the same temp as the other... ( ina vacuum heat energy is spread out evenly) (given the pipe has no air at all..) (and that thats why it is more efficient than a heatsink and fan alone (almost 200%)

do you understand what a heatpipe is?

the theory works.. it was used to make a 1GHZ tbird go to 3ghz (the board was specially designed for this testing)
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

No one is trying to offend anyone here. (I hope)
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

oh no no no

im not anyhow

im just trying to explain what a heatpipe is.. and how it's used and how it works..

not meant to be insulting or anything else.. if i came across that way i apologize
Kuun