CPU coolers

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
daswede

CPU coolers

Post by daswede »

Wondering if anyone knows if the Zalman CNPS3100-PLUS will fit onto the BP6 board. I purchaced 2 Vantec 6040H and found it to be too wide to fit. So I don't want to go and order another cooler without knowing if it fits. Thanks to RRLedford i know the Evercool 715 works with no problems. I've just got celeron 366 on there so no NEO adapter is there to add height to clear the board. Any other coolers that work would be accepted.
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

I also bought a too-big-4-BP6 different model Vantec sink & reserved it for a another board after seeing it was a no go.
Are you looking for ultra quiet? I run my 70mm EverCool 715 from a ZAlman speed controller to hold the noise down pretty well.
How can you find a better deal than the EverCool @15.99 @nexfan.com?
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

If your spec for a heatsink design was to make it fit the BP6 perfectly, what you would end up with would probably be LESS perfect than the EverCool 715 Copper+70mm fan. I really don't think any better cooler for the BP6 will ever appear - equal maybe, better NO!!!

If someone clues me in on how to post pictures, I'll do a series as I instal my 3rd one this weekend. The polished finishing of these 715s is really beautiful.
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

RRLedford, I think as far getting images on these posts goes you need to have then images on the net somewhere & then put the url in between the image tags

eg.
[ img ] picture url [ /img]

but without the spaces :wink:

edit:
yup just tested it, that works