boots 1 cpu but not 2

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
toddejohnson

boots 1 cpu but not 2

Post by toddejohnson »

I have 2 500mhz celerons. Both are fv524rx500. The system boots with either cpu installed in either slot, but wont boot with both installed. I tried using both pc100 and pc133 ram and have no ide or fdd devices connected. Only a agp card for display. The lots are L0320574-0885 and L0250456-0271.

Any help apreciated.
KliK

Post by KliK »

there must be problem in one of the Socket 370...see around it, did you posiblly damaged it by installing cooler?!

or just Up the voltage on one of the CPUs, and see if it would boot?! but I wouldn't recomend you to go over 2,3V...mybe it would boot with higher voltage?!
toddejohnson

Post by toddejohnson »

I got the system from a guy I was moving. I have no clue of it's history. from looking at it it looks like all the connections are still good and when I try to boost the voltage that doesn't work either.

I've had a sugestion on the abit forum that the bus speeds might be diffrent, but if they are the same model could this be?

I'm happy with one processor but would love to get smp working. Any ideas?
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Hold the phones...
1st...Look at the capacitors for bulging/leakage/standing verticaly...not crooked on the board.

2nd...what is the condition of your PSU? It may not be working up to spec.

If caps are all ok, try an ISA video card, if you can scrounge one up. Ive heard some AGP cards don't like dually systems.

Let us know the results.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
KliK

Post by KliK »

3rd...check the BIOS version?! the RU is the last version from ABIT, nad you0ve got here RV on this page...look in files...

4th...why don't you ask the guy if both of the sockets 370 had worked?! maybe he can fill you up with history of the board?!

post some results...