NICE!!!...watercooled BP6...300a's @ 558...124 FSB...NICE!!!

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
tomatoeboy

Post by tomatoeboy »

That sounds like a cracking setup. Any chance of a few pictures?
loophole

Post by loophole »

Did you try any of Yoichiro's BP6 mods for stability? I think his one for boosting the Vio voltage would be a good idea because you're watercooling the chipset and most of the newer (now old) BX motherboards defaulted to having Vio at 3.5v instead of 3.37 anyway. Or you could try his "Ultimate VTT solution" if you were feeling so inclined.

Personally I've got two celeron 300A CPUs that I've only ever gotten to boot at 558 a couple of times, but after POST the screen would blank out and I'd have to turn the system on and then off again to get back into the BIOS to change it down to 495 again. I'd be really intrigued if you could get your system working fine at 558, as most BP6 users would I think.

I'm not sure about your G200 though. I had one a while back and it would work at AGP speeds up to 100 with the 1/1 divider - maybe it was on the way out.

Good luck with it and post back often to keep us updated... :P
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

ciscokid,
What BIOS are you using? Is it the one with the HPT366 microcode removed entirely?
If not, I'd advise trying a go with that BIOS to eliminate the HPT from the picture as much as possible.
The RAID card may still be a problem too, but why not eliminate the HPT totaly?
Last edited by RRLedford on Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loophole

Post by loophole »

Cool, keep us posted :D
Still kicking along with the Abit BP6 :-)