Celeron 700 Mhz

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
SnackMasterX

Celeron 700 Mhz

Post by SnackMasterX »

Hey, I have a Celeron 700 MHz with 100 FSB and was wondering if there was any way I could get it to work in my BP6 board. I have 2 433's as well but I don't know much about over clocking and kinda have crappy heat syncs anyway. If it was impossible to use a 700 Mhz maybe I could try a 600 Mhz I have, can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Snacky,
I PMed ya on this answer from the other post. You are proly getting that PM about NOW.
Anyway, for you and others interested...
The Celeron 700MHz is a Coppermine core and WILL work on a BP6 if you use a NEO s-370 adaptor. That adaptor is designed to cross the FC-PGA chip(coppermine) into the older PPGA style 370 socket. That coppermine celly will only work in a Uni-processor configuration though so don't try to "dual" it. On the positive side, a 700 is designed to run on a 66FSB. It will most likely run ok at 92 and may even got all the way to 100FSB...making it run like a 1GHz chip.

The 433s with standard cooling will allow you to use a "dual" environment and wont need much in the line of special cooling. They might run ok even on a 92FSB which would push them to 598MHz but for the sake of learning Linux, I wouldn't bother even OC'ing the 433s if that is the route you choose.

Good Luck, and PM me back.
David
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: Celeron 700 Mhz

Post by InactiveX »

SnackMasterX wrote:Hey, I have a Celeron 700 MHz with 100 FSB...
Are you sure? As far as I know, the 100MHz FSB Celerons are 800MHz and upwards.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
SnackMasterX

Post by SnackMasterX »

Okay, your right. They are 66Mhz FSB. I was at work and couldn't check the chips.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I reckon that's a good thing - as davd_bob said, it should overclock pretty well!
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-