BP6 2xCeleron 366@500

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
natorx

BP6 2xCeleron 366@500

Post by natorx »

Long long ago in the summer of '99 a friend of mine advised me to build a BP6 machine with him. It was the first computer I ever bought and I knew hardly anything. I only bought one cpu cause I was a poor high school weenie and I only ran Win98 at the time. So, over the past month I've been browsing bp6.com and finding out all kinds of new things. I went on ebay and found another 366 for $0.99+shipping. I was so excited to finally have a second cpu in this old boy. I've been reading more and more about cooling my machine.

1: ?
2: 91mhz@2.1v
3: hpt1.3b
4: cpu1 has an old cooler from my AMD atlon XP looks like its all copper? (it's kinda squeezed between the capacitors but they're still cool) cpu2 has something I got long ago from 3dfx cool they keep them at about 35~36°C
5: 1.0
6: greased my greenie, don't know if I wanna invest time and money into doing any big mods probably just get some new coolers soon
7: WinXP/plan on getting Sarge running on it later (I'm still in my testing phase of linux usage)
8: Geforce 256, Maxtor 40GB, Realtek RTL8139 nic, Creative AudioPCI, Kenwood cdrom, 128 sdram pc100 + 256 pc133
9: AGI 250w
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Welcome to the world of MULTI-procossing.

Did you say XP Home or XP Pro? I think Home is Uni-cpu only.

At 91FSB the divider is 1/2 of clock speed so everything on the system is overclocked. The PCI bus for example is running abut 45Mhz. If you have any issues you might try 92FSB where the divider goes to 1/3 and maybe even push it up to 99FSB where everything is at the "rated" speed except the CPUs.

Also, many BP6 users have discovered our celerons will work at lower voltages. I usually run below 2.0 even when at 100FSB. The lower voltage equals lower temps.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Hi natorx and welcome!
-Derek
natorx

Post by natorx »

Yeah, I use XP pro, and even installed Debian Linux on it since that last post. I've also had trouble this summer with the system getting too hot and have had to underclock to 75mhz fsb. I need some extra money so I can redo my case cooling setup. This forum has been incredibly helpful.