Dual core AMD vs Intel

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
purrkur
Linux Guru

Dual core AMD vs Intel

Post by purrkur »

[rant]
Read this page and then this page and honestly tell me if you had the bucks to buy a dual core CPU that you would choose Intel.

They are rushing their dual cores to the market. It is a poor design but they will probably get away with it because they are Intel. The biggest reason why this pisses me off is that if the tables were turned and AMD was the one doing this then they would be getting a lot of bad press for it.

But then again nobody has gotten fired for buying Intel, right? You buy a shitty design for top dollar, getting poor value but at least you bought Intel. Sigh. Now they got a shitty implementation of their dual core stuff along with a shitty implementation of the AMD 64 bit instruction set and their latest implementation of P4 (Prescott) was so shitty that even Intel had to backtrack after rushing out with the news that it would easily top 4GHz which it will never do . When will we see Intel deliver a product that is acutally good value for money??
[/rant]
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

I think one of Intel's biggest advantages in bringing product to the masses, is volume. Volume not quality and/or performance. Intel has been riding their own wave for a long time. Hopefully, AMD will show the masses there is a better product.

Now, the masses need to awaken from their Intel dreamland. :?

I'm saving my pennies for an AMD...
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
BCN

Post by BCN »

yeah, but AMD just do not realeas lower speed dual cores, their cheapest one comes in at 557USD or something.... I am not able to buy that....
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

AMD Athlon 64 X2 review from [H]...