Any success with CuMine + Lin-Lin adapter + BP6?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
swampwater

Any success with CuMine + Lin-Lin adapter + BP6?

Post by swampwater »

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Coppermine CPUs (single or dual) to boot with those cheap Lin-Lin adapters on the BP6.

When I tried, I got a blank screen and no beeps. I am thinking of doing the Yoichiro mods, but I'm just curious if anyone else had gotten it to work with the Lin-Lin adapters before I go and modify my precious BP6 :wink:
phaedrus

Re: Any success with CuMine + Lin-Lin adapter + BP6?

Post by phaedrus »

swampwater wrote:Just wondering if anyone has gotten Coppermine CPUs (single or dual) to boot with those cheap Lin-Lin adapters on the BP6.

When I tried, I got a blank screen and no beeps. I am thinking of doing the Yoichiro mods, but I'm just curious if anyone else had gotten it to work with the Lin-Lin adapters before I go and modify my precious BP6 :wink:
I believe the Lin-Lin adapters go from FC-PGA to FC-PGA2, in other words, they upgrade a coppermine socket to a tualatine socket.

You need to use the Neo S370s. See the PIII mods. It's the only way I've heard of it being done.

Jeff
"If it ain't broke, mod it till it is"
They said... and now my BP6 needs new processors... D'oh
Slackware Linux v10.1
jaguarking11

Post by jaguarking11 »

from the instructions on the box those adaptors allow tualatin cpu's on older mobo but also allow cumine based cpu's to run in older 370sockets. I think its the jumpers used to configure them. You need 6jumpers to allow p3 compatibility. I hope to get myne working as I have both the cpu's and the adaptors.

BTw you need a bios flash to allow it also.
swampwater

Post by swampwater »

I never got these adapters working, even with modified bios with latest microcodes and the correct jumpers. The only way I got it to boot was with Neo-S370 adapters.