dual tualatin p3-s w/ 2x 512kb chache ? bx-chipset trouble ?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
seal1

dual tualatin p3-s w/ 2x 512kb chache ? bx-chipset trouble ?

Post by seal1 »

hello,

with 2 tualatin p3-s with 2x 512kb cache dual-mode possible even with lower FSB and 4 lin-lin or other adapters ?

intel-bx chipset supports only 512 kb cache ?

so I must go for 2 tualatin p3 with only 256kb cache ?

most (or all) of tualatin p3 with only 256 kbcache are "These processors will not be validated in Dual Processor (DP) applications." according to intel-papers. means this "no-go"/"disabled" or only "it works but intel gives no support" ?

seal1
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

First of all, NO PIII's with 133 mhz fsb will function on this board unless you want to underclock the cpu's!

This board will, at most, give you stable operation at or below 110 mhz fsb PERIOD!, and ONLY with a lot of work and some luck!

I am running 2, 1100E PIII's (rated at 100 mhz) at 110 fsb, to my knowledge, these are the fastest cpu's you can run at or above rated fsb on a BP6. I don't believe Lin-Lins will do the job, I am using modified NEO 370's, traces cut and rewiring on bottom side of ZIF sockets on BP6.

I have a version one board, EC10 modification, voltage regualtor change-out, and MOST importantly, a MINI-PELTIER on the BX chipset. My cpu's are not a matched pair but I am using the largest heatsinks that will fit on the BP6, GlobalWIN FEP-32's with 36 cfm fans (very noisy!) and 72-95 watt peltiers running off a stand a lone dual ATX PS (custom built dual ps's in parallel, per wiring diagram found in archives on this site).

3 sticks top of the line 256 meg P133 SDRAM (Corsair if I remember right)
and I maxed out the BIOS and ram using WPCREDIT and WPCRSET from H' Oda's website.

It ain't the latest and greatest or the fastest but it runs Adobe Premiere 6.5 just fine, allows me to capture at a full 720 x 480 and burns beautiful DVD's using DVDit! PE without skipping a beat.

It takes all I can throw at it and thats a lot:

Hardware Specs are as follows:

Matrox G400 MAX dual hd & dual 19" Viewsonics
SBLive Platinum 5.1 & Cambridge DeskTop Theater
WinTV GO! capture card (does as good as any I'v seen at 1/10th the $$)
SIIG multi-use card; 4 Firewire ports, 3 USB, 2 IDE-RAID channels
4 Hdd's, 2 each in RAID-0, first set is for OS's, 98SE/WIN2K, second set is for video editing and capture.
10/100 NIC
4 optical drives, 2 per IDE channel:
Pioneer 104S DVD player
Kenwood 52X TrueX multi-beam CD-ROM
Sony DVD/DVD-RAM burner
Lite-On 52x24x52x 'burner
HP Laserjet 5L
Epson Stylus 750 Photo printer
Microtek X6EL SCSII scanner
an external 7 cd jukebox player
a ZIP drive and a 10 gig tape backup drive off the printer port

I thinks thats all (at least what I can remember :wink: ) system hasn't gone down in so long I some times forget that I'v got 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag, if you get my drift :D

Oh yeah, its' all crammed into a SuperMicro 750 tower and a 400 watt ATX PS.

If you need or would like help drop me a line, I work out of my house so I'm home most all the time.

Regards,
jaybird
seal1

Post by seal1 »

[quote="jaybird"]First of all, NO PIII's with 133 mhz fsb will function on this board unless you want to underclock the cpu's!

This board will, at most, give you stable operation at or below 110 mhz fsb PERIOD!, and ONLY with a lot of work and some luck!
[/qoute]

ok, the 110 FSB or less is not a problem for me.

but my questions @all were:

1. running the P3 256kb cache cpus in dual-mode even intel denied it in the spec.-docs ? some weeks ago someone on ebay promised this fact and sold 2x 256kb cache P3s incl. mobo.

2. according to my information, BX-chipset can only handle 512 kb cache but if I put 2x P3-S 512kb cache cpus into the bp6 w/ bx-chipset, this could be trouble ?

my LIN-LINs still not here, hope I my dealer was not a scam.

first I go for a 1.3 Celi-Tua. after sometimes prices drops for P3-S modells, I want to put these onto my bp6.

ciao
seal1

Post by seal1 »

First of all, NO PIII's with 133 mhz fsb will function on this board unless you want to underclock the cpu's!

ok, the 110 FSB or less is not a problem for me.

but my questions @all were:

1. running the P3 256kb cache cpus in dual-mode even intel denied it in the spec.-docs ? some weeks ago someone on ebay promised this fact and sold 2x 256kb cache P3s incl. mobo.

2. according to my information, BX-chipset can only handle 512 kb cache but if I put 2x P3-S 512kb cache cpus into the bp6 w/ bx-chipset, this could be trouble ?

my LIN-LINs still not here, hope I my dealer was not a scam.

first I go for a 1.3 Celi-Tua. after sometimes prices drops for P3-S modells, I want to put these onto my bp6.

ciao