Power leap Neo-s370 Celeron 700/128/66/1.7V HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
rossmkly

Post by rossmkly »

:( I had this CPU running stable on my PC fot 2 years ... Upgraded My hard drives from 20gig X 2 to C@20gig D@120gig... started locking up. Mouse freeze up. Tried to reformat the 20 but no luck, tried to disable all power management, nope, unpluged all the cards and swapped out the video, nope, went into my BIOS and disabled all power save, reset irq12, nope. :idea: Then I got the bright idea of reseting the bios to defaults, Like I said it was running for 2 years and I didn't write down the settings. Does anyone know what the settings are for this CPU? I only have a multiplier of 8, and am running Bios RU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How are you guys getting the faster processers to run in single processor woth the low multipliers.

Again Please Help !! I BP6 is dead in the water. :!:

Thanks Much
GM
Billl

Post by Billl »

The multiplier is irrelevant. You would need one that went to 10.5 which obviously your BP6 doesn't do. Fortunately for you Intel locks the multiplier so you dont need to set it. Just set your system to 66MHZ bus and the multiplier to the highest setting you can get probably 8? and the CPU will sort itself out. It may not show the right values when booting up but it will be running at the right speed. If your worried that I might be wrong get CPUid and look for yourself.

Billl
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Focus on the custom Front-Side Bus speed settings- 80-110MHz.
You need to set the BIOS to User Defined FSB & IGNORE ERRORS
Locked-by-Intel Multiplier is irrelevant
Voltage boost may be needed to reach higher OC levels.
Zero point energy
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

what happens when you remove those HD's that you added? does it go back to being stable?
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is
rossmkly

well I'm Back at it ...

Post by rossmkly »

:!: Now the mouse is freezing on the install of the o/s (Win 2000 Pro) I am trying to install a fresh hard drive and on the reboot it hits the cd and starts the install then writes to the drive ... then hets the cd one more time ... then the mouse freezes up and it will not go any further. Any one been here before?
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

rossmkly,
I think this was already mentioned but you didn't tell the results so in case this trouble shooting trick was missed...
Remove the hardware you installed just before the issues started. I think that is the 120Gig. Did you re-use one of the 20Gigs you already had or did you replace one of them.
btw, the if the 120 is 7200rep with 8Meg cache it will be so much faster that it will be worth it for you to us it as the boot up drive instead of a 20 probably at 5400rpm and 512K cache.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
rossmkly

2000 pro freeze up on mouse

Post by rossmkly »

I went with a new install on the 120 as a boot up master with out a slave ... the only thing I have in the PC is the video card ATI radon. I just got thru with a clean install of suse linux pro 8.1 and it had the same damn problem. For the past 2 years this motherboard had no problems I added the ati and the new Hard drive after the freeze up started. Is there a conflict with ATI video and the BP6, what about upgrading to a diferent IDE control card? ... I am about to go and get another mother board and start over ... but I would like to use this system for a second gamer station for lan parties ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much,
GM
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

How does it work without the 120 being connected?
rossmkly

BP6 mouse freeze up 8/16/2004

Post by rossmkly »

:!: :evil: :!: I changed out the video card and put an old one in the AGP slot ... the one all the ay to the top. This time I made it thru the SUSE install ... thought I had it licked ... added the network card and the sound card ... The OS recognised the cards and installed the drivers ...but ...NOPE the mouse froze after a short time while trying to configure the network. I have 2 more things I am going to try on this system, flash the bios from RU to RV and go back to a single 20 gig hard drive. If this dont fix it will have a slightly used celeron 700 for sale allong with A might work BP6 motherboard! :!: :(
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Hi rossmkly,

Take a look at this article, it may help:

:arrow: http://www.bp6.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=3
-Derek